Sep 22, 2020
Children's National Medical Center
District of Columbia, USA
ORTHOPEDIC TECHNICIAN - (200001LE)
Description Provides specialized technical support to the division of Orthopedics.
Qualifications Minimum Education
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Work Experience
2 years - Experience in Orthopedics or related field (Required)
Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs.
Ability to utilize various office equipment.
Ability to communicate with patients and their families of divers cultural backgrounds.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Must be active member in the National Association of Orthopedic Technologist (N. A. O. T .) 180 Days
Effectively performs technical duties
1. Assist with the application and removal of basic and specialized bracing, plaster and fiberglass cast (i.e. pre-made functional bracing, cast bracing, spica cast, body cast, etc.) on the wards, in the clinic and in the O.R.
2. Assist residents, nurses, and technologist with proper application techniques in casting, splinting and traction.
3. Apply , modify and dismantle traction equipment.
4. Complete rounds as required.
Completes required documentation
1. Complete service and supply charge forms
Ensures effective use of resources
1. Assist with maintaining adequate supplies in designated areas.
2. Assist with inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
3. Assist with the evaluation of orthopaedic supplies.
Is a communication link for patients and their families
1. Provide patient care and education in a variety of orthopaedic subjects to patients and their families.
2. Provide patient communication on a level that is comfortable and understandable for the patient and their family.
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Maintains Cast room
1. Monitor and ensure efficient patient flow in the clinic cast room
2. Maintain a clean and safe environment in the cast room.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations: ROC- Friendship Heights 5028 Wisconsin Avenue NW Suite 250 Washington 20016
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Surgery COERegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: 8:30-17:00
Job Posting: Sep 5, 2020, 8:46:12 PM