The Cardiovascular Technologist Invasive will be responsible to assist physicians during cardiac catheterization procedure, obtain, and document data pertinent to cardiac care diagnosis, and treatment. Will perform a variety of technical and research duties as related to the cardiac catheterization lab under the direction of the senior technologist and physician.
PRN- As Needed
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Experience in the field of cardiology or equivalent schooling and experience. (Required)
1. Operate hemodynmic equipment such as physiological monitor, cardiac output computer , electrophysiology equipment.
2. Prep patient site per protocol.
3. Assist physician with percutaneous and cut down procedures into arteries and veins; intracardiac electrophysiology testing, including rapid pacing techniques: temporary and permanent pacemaker insertion.
4. Perform blood gas analysis.
5. Assist Cath Lab RN in nursing care of patients pertaining to provision of medication, vital signs, and airway management.
1. Perform quality control checks in laboratory to assure proper equipment functions.
2. Check defibrillator and respiratory equipment in the absence of the Cath Lab RN, daily.
3. Clean Cath Lab with appropriate solution.
4. Resterilize used equipment per policy.
5. Turn off all equipment and secures lab following last procedure of the day .
1. Maintain equipment and supplies at levels specified by Director
2. Stock supplies in cath lab from in-house and warehouse services.
1. Assist in filing of cath reports.
1. Assist with research protocols assigned by physician
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance