Pulmonary Diagnostic Respiratory Care Tech II (ERP $$$) - (170003H1)
Pulmonary Diagnostics RCP II
This position is eligible for a $4,000.00 sign-on bonus for Non-CNMC Employees.
50% Paid at Start of Employment. 50% Paid after one (1) year of Employment.
The Pulmonary Diagnostics
RCPII will report to the Manager, Pulmonary Diagnostics Lab, for operational
oversight. The Manager will provide
oversight of the assessment of technical competencies and training. The RCPII will be responsible for any
additional training required at time of hire or promotion within time criteria
determined by manager. They will be experienced and able to provide clinical
support for diagnostic services and respiratory needs at the time of hire or
promotion. They will be familiar
lab processes and
procedures and how
to access assistance
or references when needed by end of probationary period.
This includes but
is not limited
to: assessment of
a patient's respiratory
status, provision of
all standard respiratory
care treatments, performing full spectrum of
pulmonary function studies( spirometry, plethysmography , DLCO, LCI,
MIP/MEP , FOT), metabolic
studies, hypoxic challenges,
all forms of exercise
testing (GXT , 6
minute walk, EIB,
challenge),methacholine challenges, transcutaneous CO2
measurement of hemoglobin, FENO measurement, bronchoscopy
support and equipment care for procedures performed in the OR, cath
lab or ICU's. Assessment &
adjustment of patient's settings on home ventilators including report
generation from the ventilator during visit.
All work will comply with the ATS standards of testing, DOH and JCH
guidelines and hospital policies and procedures. They will also be expected to transition work
sites to include the main
lab, the inpatient lab, the OR/ICU,
Regional Outpatient Centers(ROC)
and the Muscular Dystrophy
program held in
Physical Medicine. Will
provide educational encounters for patients and
their families covering
all forms of
Airway Clearance Techniques(ACT), respiratory medications
and equipment used
in the home.
Children's National Health Center is a teaching and research facility.
As a member of our team, the RCPII will assist in hosting medical and respiratory care students and
provide educational experiences in the
areas of care our service is responsible
for as needed throughout the year. Will
be knowledgeable of High Level Disinfection (HLD) processes practiced in our
hospital. Will be able to troubleshoot any equipment in use in our
department. Must be familiar with
CPAP/BIPAP equipment and apnea monitors. Must acquire and maintain CITI
credentialing to allow them to support any research protocols we are needed
Qualifications Minimum Education
Minimum Work Experience
4 Year(s) experience in Respiratory Care- Required2 year (s) experience in a Pulmonary Diagnostics environment- Required1 year experience in a Pediatrice Diagnostic environment
AS. Degree from an AMA approved Respiratory Care program.- Required
Required Licenses and Certifications
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Registered Respiratory TherapistCertified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT)
Eligible for CITI certification.RCP- DC licensure required on start date and one other license in either MD or VA depending on position applied for
- Provide research protocol support complying with all hospital policies and procedures.
- Partner in the mission and common core principles of the organization.
- Participate in a hospital sponsored volunteer event, committee, or provide an educational encounter for pulmonary fellows annually.*
- Complete CITI training during their probationary period, keeping it current through out employment;
- Keep an up to date CV in their employee file.
- Maintain all competencies and annual training.
- Anticipate and respond to customer needs. Follow up to ensure these needs are met.
- Engage with each patient, family member, and staff person as a representative of the department and hospital.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be responsive and thoughtful of the patient's needs and experience while providing excellent care at all times.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team huddles to ensure lab is ready for services that are needed for the clinic patients.
- Reach out to create partnerships across teams to provide better care.
- Seek out team members input to improve collaborative care.
- Support and encourage co-workers, providing assistance if needed.
- Practice closed loop communication to ensure the lab staff, bronch team ,Inpatient service team and manager are aware of any variances in coverage.
- Act as a mentor providing procedure review and competency check off for RCPI and RCPII staff.*
- Attend in-services, conferences or work-shops to maintain and upgrade clinical knowledge base and technical skills; present a review of any new information learned during a conference to the team.
- Act as the patient's advocate in the field of respiratory care, striving to improve and enhance the quality of our service.
- Accept challenges and provide solutions through problem solving with team members.
- Contact the correct department or party to ensure any equipment, software, employee failure is correctly reported and repaired.
- Demonstrate integrity and focus on what is safe.
- Exhibit safe practice at all times when working with patients using equipment and gases.
- Use hospital Safety Event Reporting System to ensure capture of any unsafe events.
- Practice Stop, Think, Act, and Review(STAR) to ensure safety is always assured.
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: COE Hospital-Based SpecliatiesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: Mon - Fri
Job Posting: Jul 27, 2020, 8:05:07 AM