3M-Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU): The CICU is a 26-bed unit. This unit provides for comprehensive cardiac care to pediatric patients and their families. The CICU Patient Care Management Team coordinates interdisciplinary patient assessment and patient care and provided by cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, and pediatric intensivists and nursing in conjunction with multiple specialty services within the Medical Center. Patients are admitted to the CICU from the ED, Cardiac Clinic, the Operating Room, and transfers from in-house units as well as transports from other institutions via the Pediatric Transport team. The CICU also provides for extracorporeal life support (ECMO) and rapid deployment ECMO. Twenty to twenty-five percent of the intensive care patients are cardiovascular surgery or cardiac patients. Children requiring repair of congenital heart defects from the simple to the complex, including heart transplants receive care in the CICU.
The Equipment Technician will disinfect, process, store and stock equipment and supplies for use in patient care areas, utilizing established infection
control practices. The Technician is responsible to adjust and store equipment according to need. The Equipment Technician will remove, disinfect, and replace soiled equipment and supplies to be disinfected and/or repaired. The Equipment Technician will also maintain the stock, appearance, and cleanliness of all assigned equipment per manufacturer 's instructions and in alignment with established infection control procedures.
High School Diploma or GED
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Some college (Preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Experience, acquired via working in a hospital setting. Would like candidate to have experience with infection control procedures, biomedical equipment, and medical applications or Respiratory Care background preferred. (Preferred)
Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through the completion of 4 years of High School.
Ability to organize, establish priorities and to communicate effectively , both orally and in writing.
Must have basic computer skills and the ability to log in to a Windows based PC.
Must have physical ability to move, lift and carry equipment/gas cylinders, in addition, stamina to endure frequently long periods of standing and walking.
Able to lift and move equipment and supplies> 50 lbs, reaching and stooping as required.
Interpersonal skills are a necessary in order to interact
courteously with department staff members and other hospital personnel, patients, and visitors.
Must possess the ability to disassemble, wash and reassemble moderately complex equipment.
Demonstrate the ability to correctly order supplies and provide equipment so that patient care is not interrupted, or affected.
1. Gather contaminated equipment/supplies from various locations and return them to the department, in timely manner.
2. Follow all infection control procedures to ensure all equipment is cleaned reassembled appropriately for safe use by patients and staff, include incubators, radiant warmers and other equipment as assigned.
3. Stock all assigned areas with appropriate equipment/supplies (may include managing par level and exchanging empty gas cylinders for full as needed).
4. Notify appropriate personnel when supplies or equipment are needed; order equipment from warehouse, send to/retrieve fixed equipment from Biomed for disinfection, etc., as needed in conjunction with manager .
5. Store items in an organized manner such that they can be accessed by unit and departmental clinical staff when needed for patient use.
Documentation and Computer Skills
1. Document the need for equipment, supplies, and turn information over to appropriate personnel in order to maintain levels as needed in the
department and other RCS equipment areas.
1. May communicate with suppliers’ representatives, when necessary, under the direction of the manager .
1. Employee will participate in 80% of department staff meetings and in-services.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance