Under direct supervision, this individual will assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of infection control measures/policies throughout the organization, assist activities for prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections and assist risk assessment processes. S/he be the primary point of contact person for the local department of health agencies on communicable disease reporting and follow up, update and manage Infection Control page on the intranet, coordinate office’s day-to-day administrative activities, facilitate surveillance activities, and participate in education and training activities.
BSN- Bachelor's in Nursing- Required OR
Master's in Epidemiology, Public Health, or Microbiology- Required
Minimum Work Experience
Previous working experience as an Infection Control practitioner or Epidemiologist is preferred.
Excellent written, interpersonal, time management and presentation skills with flexibility to meet a wide range of service needs
Proficient in Microsoft Office software
Basic knowledge of statistics and epidemiologic methods
• Assist epidemiology department and infection control practitioners with the coordination of office activities.
• Maintain awareness of deadlines and plan appropriately.
• Maintain organized workspace including both paper and computer files.
• Coordinate, schedule, and develop agendas, office appointments, meetings, conferences, and projects in timely manner .
• Perform tasks such as initiating correspondence, faxing, and copying.
• Attend internal committee meetings and take minutes.
• Maintain and process employee time cards.
• Complete all work on time.
• Collect central line data in patient care units as assigned.
• Collect daily microbiology reports from laboratory and sorts for targeted organisms.
• Complete accurate and timely reports on infection rates.
• Communicate infection control issues and reportable diseases in a timely fashion with the relevant departments in the
hospital and to public health agencies.
• Ensure infection control databases are maintained in a timely fashion (Flag MDRO in computer system; maintain access
data base for DOH reports; and maintain data base for all outbreak investigations).
• Collaborate with Infection Control Staff to identify trends in healthcare associated infections.
• Collaborate with Infection Control staff to implement prevention efforts.
• Contribute to the infection control patient care policies and protocols by posting to intranet and placing announcements in
CNMC • newsletters.
Infection Control Practitioner Assistance
• Assist infection control practitioners in control activities as assigned.
• Coordinate Train the Trainer program for TB fit-testing and other infection control initiatives.
• Assist infection control practitioners with outbreak and exposure investigations.
• Collect data and assist in preparation of reports.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance