Pharmacy Technician - (210000KM)
The Pharmacist technician will assist Pharmacists with technical and supportive functions, train and provide orientation and guidiance to newly hired
pharmacy technicians to the CNMC's way of doing things, establish and maintain good relationships with the health care team, coordinate responses and resolutions with appropriate internal and external parties, perform all tasks in a timely and safe manner that is consistent with hospital policies, procedures as well as state and federal laws.
High School Diploma or GED
Specific Requirements and Preferences
science related field and 1 year of hospital experience as a hospital Pharmacy technician (Preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Experience in a hospital (Preferred)
Experience in a pediatric setting as a pharmacy technician. (Preferred)
Accurate data entry skills
Able to read write and speak English fluently
Strong time management and organizational skills
Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
1. Possess accurate data entry skills
2. Able to read write and speak English fluently
3. Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
4. Fill, sort and deliver medication orders in a timely and efficient manner
5. Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; this may include using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and being able to compute rate, ratio, and percent
6. Strong time management and organizational skills
1. Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; this may include using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and being able to compute rate, ratio, and percent
2. Strong time management and organizational skills
3. Self-motivated and able to work independently
4. Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient needs
5. Excellent attention to detail
6. Dedicated to excellence and quality
1. Responsible for inventory control.
2. Communicates effectively with pharmacy purchaser about low stock items that need to be ordered.
3. Performs monthly unit and section inspections to identify expired and soon to expire medication
4. Maintain records of controlled substance orders, receipts and disposition.
5. Maintain pyxis medication levels and accuracy of medication placement.
Purchasing and Invoicing
1. Coordinate purchasing of drugs and related items, note receipt of product, processes invoices, and assures payment through system.
1. Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
2. Able to effectively present information to the patient and in small group situations
3. Able to collaborate with other healthcare professionals
4. Anticipate and responds to customers needs; follows up until needs are met
5. Strong interpersonal and people skills.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
: Allied Health
: Patient Services
Regular / Temporary: R (Regular)
Position Status: FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: Variable
: Mar 4, 2021, 8:03:34 AM