Join us at The Healthcare Resort of Olathe
, an exciting next generation healthcare model offering Assisted Living Residences, Rehab Suites, and concierge style service! We are currently seeking a PRN Speech/Language Pathologist to join our in-house therapy team. Enjoy a fun work atmosphere, a diverse patient population, and the opportunity to create and implement the programs that will best serve the needs of your patients. In return for your clinical excellence and professional passion, we can offer you competitive pay and ongoing professional development opportunities.
The Healthcare Resort of Olathe receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
Licensed Speech/Language Pathologist
- Evaluate patients within forty‑eight (48) hours of physician referral.
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
- Treat patients according to the physician’s treatment plan and adhere to facility documentation guidelines.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and treatment plans.
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences.
- Participate in inservice training program for other staff in the facility.
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintain patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges per facility policy and procedure.
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance program.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating CFY / RFP Speech‑Language Pathologist and student programs.
- Comply with the American Speech Language and Hearing Practice Act for the state, and the facility policy and procedures.
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
The Healthcare Resort of Olathe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.