|Village Healthcare & Rehabilitation in McAllen, TX, is a busy skilled nursing facility with an entire operational team hugely committed to therapy. We currently seek a PRN PT to join our team. We have an amazing in-house therapy team here, and we are doing great things in our programming and with our residents. We see a diverse mix of orthopedic, neurological and cognitive disorders and are proud of our state-of-the-art therapy equipment. In return for your clinical excellence and professional passion we can offer you a highly competitive hourly rate and many career growth opportunities.
Village Healthcare & Rehabilitation receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. We have been in-house with therapy for many years which gives us a significant edge going into the current payment model changes. Our therapy and nursing teams work collaboratively to ensure outstanding outcomes for our patients. While some companies are preparing for layoffs, we are gearing up for amazing rehab programs! Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
Licensed Physical Therapist
This position is open to PTs at all experience levels.
- Screen and/or evaluate patients within 48 hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician treatment plan
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants and Aides in direct patient care and patient related activities, following state practice acts and adherence to facility Supervision Policy and Procedure Matrix
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment changes daily per policy and procedure
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance programs
- Participate in discharge planning
- Coordinates necessary durable medical equipment for patients to facilitate safety and independence in mobility; i.e., braces, walkers, canes, elevated toilet seats and grab bars
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order
- Comply with the Physical Therapy Practice Act in the state and the facility’s policy and procedures
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.