|Carrollton Health & Rehab
in Carrollton, TX, is recruiting for a PRN Speech/Language Pathologist to own our in-house speech therapy programs. This position is open due to our expanding programs and goal to provide the best possible care for our patients. Here are some reasons to join our team:
"Working as an SLP for an Ensign affiliate has brought me such joy. The opportunities we have with programming and resources help us to provide the absolute best patient care to our residents. We have the opportunity to treat a broad range of patients with many co-morbidities following a traumatic event in their lives, and help them to restore as much function as possible, while also having the opportunity to experience the community of a long term care facility in which many of our patients call home. We are able to follow our residents with dementia and cognitive deficits throughout the stages of disease progression, and be there to provide our specialized skills and care with them and their family every step of the way. Working in a therapy department with Ensign becomes like working with family, and there's truly nothing better than that." Cara Koepsel MS, CCC-SLP DOR Golden Acres Living & Rehabilitation
In addition to a professionally rewarding work setting, Carrollton Health & Rehab can also offer highly competitive compensation as well as many opportunities for career growth.
Carrollton Health & Rehab receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Big & Loud, and other opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Evaluate patients within (48) hours of physician referral.
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
- Treat patients according to the physician’s treatment plan and adhere to facility documentation guidelines.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and treatment plans.
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences.
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility.
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges per facility policy and procedure.
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance program.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating CFY / RFP Speech‑Language Pathologist and student programs.
- Comply with the American Speech Language and Hearing Practice Act for the state, and the facility policy and procedures.
Licensed Speech/Language Pathologist
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.