in Abilene, TX, s a spacious and beautiful campus housing Assisted Living, Independent Living and Skilled Inpatient Rehab facilities in Abilene. We currently seek a Full Time Physical Therapist to join our great in-house therapy team. Wisteria Place is the place of choice for families needing excellent care for their loved ones. We see a diverse patient population with a large percentage of our patients returning to home. We are proud of our Memory Unit, our commitment to Ensign culture, and our commitment to excellence in all areas of the services we provide to our ladies and gentlemen, their families and the Abilene community. In return for your passion and clinical expertise, we will offer you a stable in-house therapy program where you will be respected and valued as a clinician, a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid continuing education.
Wisteria Place receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Screen and/or evaluate patients within 48 hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician treatment plan
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants and Aides in direct patient care and patient related activities,
- following state practice acts and adherence to facility Supervision Policy and Procedure Matrix
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in inservice training program for other staff in the facility
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintain patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment changes daily per policy and procedure
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance programs
- Participate in discharge planning
- Coordinates necessary durable medical equipment for patients to facilitate safety and
- independence in mobility; i.e., braces, walkers, canes, elevated toilet seats and grab bars
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Physical Therapy or Physical Therapy Assistant Schools
- Comply with the Physical Therapy Practice Act in the state and the facility’s policy and procedures
Although prior therapy experience is preferred, we place a high value on intelligence, drive and willingness to learn and grow, making this an excellent opportunity for an exceptional new graduate who is willing to work hard and make him or herself an indispensable member of our team. The right individual will be committed to providing the superior service levels that our patients and residents need and expect.
Licensed Physical Therapist
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
Wisteria Place is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.