Beautiful Sloan’s Lake Rehabilitation Center
, located in the heart of Denver, is currently scouting for a strong PT, OT or Speech/Language Pathologist to lead our outpatient and inpatient programs as the Director of Rehab for this state of the art Post-Acute facility. The position will require prior leadership experience with PDPM and outpatient including daily operations, financials and human resources. This is a fast paced skilled only inpatient rehabilitation program with a huge outpatient business opportunity and will require a dynamic, creative leader. Sloan’s Lake is located in a medical facility with skilled only post-Acute on two floors and a separate large Outpatient gym on the main floor. In return for your clinical and operational experience, passion for excellence, and drive to build something great, we offer a highly skilled in-house therapy team to be part of, comprehensive benefits including paid CEU’s, competitive compensation, and many career growth opportunities with our growing organization
Sloan’s Lake receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
The Director of Rehabilitation is responsible for the day to day operations of the facility's rehabilitation department to include supervision of the rehab staff and all related administrative duties. This position is classified as a salaried-exempt position and warrants that the facility rehab department needs a full time director with at least 50% of the time allocated to the management of the department.
- Implements and monitors the provision of facility Rehab policy and procedures
- Sets up monthly department goals and objectives in conjunction with the facility’s needs
- Supervises rehab staff and ensures effective rehab staff orientation, training and ongoing competency
- Coordinates rehab admissions and distribution of caseload
- Manages utilization and productivity for the department
- Acts as a rehab case manager for HMO patients or other complex cases
- Assists in the case management/tracking of Medicare rehab cases under the PDPM system
- Recruits rehab staff, as assigned
- Manages and analyzes department productivity and other statistics to include billing
- Ensures that rehab department is compliant with all regulatory issues. This includes assurance that department records are completed and maintained, such as medical record documentation, reimbursement denials management and other survey compliance requirements.
- Oversees and analyzes quality assurance and outcomes programs
- Develops necessary rehab programs
- Monitors rehab equipment and supply needs
- Represents the rehab department in the interdisciplinary team at assigned meetings
- Oversees effective running of rehabilitation conference meetings
- Oversees provision of appropriate interdisciplinary education programs
- Maintains relationships with hospital therapists, physicians and other key community members
- Participates in the development and provides community education programs regarding facility rehab services
- Provides direct patient treatment
- At least 3 years of experience as a therapist
- Supervisory and/or administrative experience in long term care rehabilitation preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare PDPM preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary communication skills
- The right individual will be committed to providing the superior service levels that our patients and residents need and expect.
Licensed Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapist
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.