Dental Assistant-Cert - (210000PW)
Under the direction of the dentist and/or dental resident, assists in chair side and operating room pediatric dental procedures. Prepares patient, dental materials, instruments for dental procedures. Maintains inventory, records, and clinical equipment.
Qualifications Minimum Education
High School Diploma or GED
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Previous experience as dental assistant (Preferred)
Familiarity with dental protocols and procedures Excellent communication skills with patients, parents and staff members.
Scope of practice for both states required knowledge by applicant.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Candidate must obtain in the state of Maryland a minimum required radiation licensure. Req
In the District of Columbia must be licensed as a certified
dental assistant no exception. Req
Provide chair side assistance during dental procedures
1. Under the direction of dentists and dental residents, assist in patient examinations, restorative treatment and surgery.
2. Prepare operative site as directed; passes appropriate instruments and equipment.
3. Prepare dental treatment area; mix and prepare dental materials and dressings for all dental procedures.
4. Prepare and assist in the administration of anesthetic agents.
5. Assist with behavior management of patients.
6. Provide dental health education and oral hygiene instructions to parents/patients; conduct tooth brushing and flossing demonstrations.
Maintain, prepare and sterilize equipment and treatment area
1. Sterilize instruments; clean dental area post-operatively and replenish supplies.
2. Clean, lubricate and maintain hand pieces and other mechanical equipment.
3. Practice appropriate sterile procedures using aseptic technique and universal precautions with all patients.
Assist in performing radiographic procedures
1. Prepare patient for radiographic exposure, take x-rays, and develop resulting x-ray films; clean and maintain x-ray film processor and x ray
Assist in maintaining and replenishing inventory and supplies
1. Maintain inventory and replenish dental supplies. Maintain inventory of orthodontic models; order supplies as directed.
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Patient Record Retrieval and Maintenance
1. Retrieve patient records and documents as directed as well as scan charts into the dentrix software.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Other Locations: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Goldberg Cntr Cmnty Ped HlthRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: 800a-430p
Job Posting: Apr 21, 2021, 1:53:22 PM