The Sr. Echocardiography Technologist will perform a variety of technical and research responsibilities related to the Cardiology Echo Laboratory.
"PRN- As Needed"
Vocational Education- High School diploma, Graduate of an approved school of Echocardiography. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
3 years- Prior cardiology experience or equivalent combination of training and experience. (Preferred)
1 year- Full time dedicated pediatric experience in an echo laboratory directed by a board certified pediatric cardiologist. (Required)
Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical/Cardiac Sonography (ARDMS), Registered in Pediatrics, or Registered by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer
Show respect and sensitivity
Demonstrate patience and self-control
1. Independently perform echos on complex patients with congenital heart disease in inpatient and outpatient setting in a timely fashion; and, independently perform fetal echos in a timely fashion.
2. Perform all required modalities for standard/research echos according to protocol.
3. Perform Holter monitor hook-ups and EKG’s as needed.
4. Utilize on-line and/or off line analysis system effectively .
5. Perform analysis in a timely fashion.
6. Strive for accuracy; check work consistently and keep up with heavy volume; strive to improve quality of echos.
1. All pertinent patient information is obtained for studies.
2. All studies are created completely and accurately
3. All studies billed completely and in a timely fashion.
Research Activities/Special Projects
1. Volunteer to be responsible for research project.
2. Assist physicians/fellows with research, willingly.
3. Collect all pertinent information.
4. Assist director of echocardiography with telemedicine.
5. Assist director of echocardiography with 3D echo and contrast studies.
1. Advise supervisor of any problems with equipment.
2. Advise supervisor when supplies are low.
3. Echo machine and probes are kept clean between patients.
4. Help maintain neat and orderly work station and echo lab.
Regional Outpatient Centers
1. Be reliable and on-time
2. Perform echos, EKG’s and Holter monitors in a timely fashion.
3. Be able to handle heavy volume effectively and efficiently .
4. Work well with physicians, nurses and families.
5. Keep clinics well stocked with supplies
1. Participate in all aspects of on-call responsibilities and be reliable; work well with cardiologists.
2. Instruct and guide junior level techs/fellows on approach to echoing patients with complex heart disease.
3. Guide junior level techs/fellows on obtaining quality studies (utilization of transducers/controls).
4. Instruct junior level techs/fellows on use of echo machine, digital acquisition and EnConcert system.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance