Responsible for evaluating speech/language of children and providing remediation for children with communication disorders on as as needed basis.
PRN- As Needed
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Will consider recent Master’s Level graduates. Zero to 2 years related experience. (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
Speech-Language Pathologist Required
Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech/Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing- Required
Conduct Patient Evaluations
1. Evaluate patients using standard and special procedures.
Patient Contact Hours
1. Meet department standards for patient contact hours.
1. Assume responsibility for working independent of direct supervision in ROC or Hospital.
1. Report test results accurately using appropriate format.
2. Prepare evaluation reports within department timeline.
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Test and Treatment Reports
1. Prepare therapy progress reports, discharge summary and insurance requests based upon documented child performance within timeline.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things