Lake Pleasant Post-Acute Care Center
in Peoria, AZ, is seeking a dynamic, energetic full time physical therapist who is passionate about skilled nursing and willing to help us continue to grow our long term care therapy program. Lake Pleasant offers a unique opportunity for a PT to work in a variety of settings including inpatient, outpatient, long term care and short term post-acute rehab. We are ideally suited to provide excellent mentorship and career development for a recent graduate as our director of rehab is an experienced physical therapist. Ask us about our DORITO (DOR in Training) program if you have an interest in becoming a therapy leader at some point in your career. We offer a fun and cohesive interdisciplinary team to work with, competitive compensation and great benefits.
Lake Pleasant receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Evaluate patients within 48 hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtains approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician's treatment plan
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants and Aides in direct patient care and patient related activities and adhere to facility Supervision Policy and Procedure Matrix
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintain patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges daily per facility policy and procedures
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance programs
- Participate in discharge planning
- Coordinate necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate safety and independence in ADL's
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Physical Therapy or Physical Therapy Assistant Schools
- Comply with Physical Therapy Practice Act and the facility Policy and Procedures
Licensed Physical Therapist
This position is open to PTs at all experience levels.
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
Lake Pleasant Post Acute Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.