South Mountain Post Acute Care Center at Baseline and Central in Phoenix is seeking
a part time SLP and can support a CFY with our amazing tenured speech therapy clinician who has a passion for teaching and mentoring. The schedule can be somewhat flexible and has the potential to become full time as we expand our programs. As part of this amazing team of clinicians, you will have opportunities for training and continuing education in Think Thin/dysphagia, Abilities Care and dementia, stroke and neuro rehabilitation, and respiratory/COVID recovery programs. Here are a few more reasons to consider joining us!
"One of the things I most appreciate about being part of an Ensign affiliate is the empowerment to practice at the highest level of our licensure. We are encouraged and supported to grow programs, further our training in the areas of our passion, and to love on our patients in a way that we are uniquely equipped to do. We are able to take ownership within our facilities to make positive changes that affect the lives of the ones we care for on a daily basis." Tiffany D. Bishop MS, CCC-SLP- Legend Greenville…
"I love being a speech-language pathologist for an Ensign affiliate. I am able to make a difference in the lives of our residents with dementia by identifying their remaining capabilities, training staff for what they are and how to maximize them in their daily routines and leisure activities, thereby returning purpose to the residents’ lives. Ensign is an awesome organization to be affiliated with because “Passion for Learning” is one of our core values, enabling me to continually expand my knowledge base and increase my skills as a speech-language pathologist." Christa Keesee MS, CCC-SLP - The Garrison…
“As a current Ensign employee of 6 years, I am genuinely proud to be a part of such a great company. Ensign treats staff and patients like family. I wouldn’t want to work for anyone else.” Carly Peevers, M.S. CCC-SLP, Rosewood Rehabilitation, Reno, NV…“Ensign has cultivated a culture of “employee first” that really emphasizes mental health and work/life balance. Management works hard to create a cohesive therapy team that focuses on inclusion and teamwork that makes it a pleasure to come to work to work every day.” Danielle Long, M.S. CCC-SLP
“Working for an Ensign affiliate has allowed me to provide cutting edge treatments and programs that I’ve always known but have been unable to carry-out in other places. My facility has been able to identify my strengths as a therapist and encouraged me to pursue those strengths and provide training to others in those areas. Pursuing my passions and achieving professional growth have made such an impact on my career as a Speech-Pathologist.” Jayna Owens MS, CCC-SLP – DOR Legend New Braunfels …
In addition to a professionally rewarding work setting, South Mountain can also offer highly competitive compensation and benefits as well as many opportunities for career growth.
South Mountain Post Acute Care receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
Licensed Speech/Language Pathologist
- Evaluate patients within forty eight (48) hours of physician referral.
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
- Treat patients according to the physician’s treatment plan and adhere to facility documentation guidelines.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and treatment plans.
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences.
- Participate in in service training program for other staff in the facility.
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintain patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges per facility policy and procedure.
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance program.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating CFY / RFP Speech Language Pathologist and student programs.
- Comply with the American Speech Language and Hearing Practice Act for the state, and the facility policy and procedures.
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
South Mountain Post Acute Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.