$1,000.00 Signing Bonus plus $1,000.00 in relocation cost reimbursement!
Discovery Rehabilitation & Living
in beautiful Salmon, ID, is seeking a full time Occupational Therapist to join our facility team and help us develop and implement great rehab programs for our deserving patients. Salmon is located near the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness area and offers world class white water rafting, back country camping, hiking and mountain biking, powder skiing and snow boarding along with a charming town filled with galleries, restaurants and cultural events. You can learn more about this hidden gem of a city at https://www.visitsalmonvalley.com/recreation/.
We are a small but clinically excellent post-acute care and long term care facility and have a reputation for providing quality care in the Salmon community. We can offer a fun and friendly work environment, partnership with our outstanding nursing director and administrator, a highly competitive compensation package and potential for growth within our growing organization. This is also a lead therapist opportunity and if you need it, we can provide continued training and professional development to help you be successful in this role. Ask us about our unique anti-corporate philosophy which empowers our facility leaders to make their own decisions as well as our core values of intelligent risk taking, celebration, passion for learning and putting our employees first.
Discovery receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Evaluate patients within forty-eight (48) hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtains approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician's treatment plan
- Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants and Aides in direct patient care and patient related activities and adhere to facility Supervision Policy and Procedure Matrix
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility
- Document all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintain patient records according to company policy
- Record treatment charges daily per facility policy and procedures
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance programs
- Participate in discharge planning
- Coordinate necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate safety and independence in ADL's
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order
- Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Occupational Therapy or Occupational Therapy Assistant Schools
- Comply with Occupational Therapy Practice Act and the facility Policy and Procedures
Licensed Occupational Therapist
This position is open to therapists at all levels of experience
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.