Coordinator Chemistry Core Lab - (2100027U)
Description The Coordinator Chemistry Core Lab will be responsible to assist the Manager in the direction and supervision of the day-to-day operations of both technical and administrative functions for the Core Lab Section.
Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or equivalent related field of science.
Minimum Work Experience
At least 3 to 4 years of experience in an accredited clinical laboratory, some knowledge of specimen processing operations preferred.
Statistical Analysis. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills important. Knowledge and skills related to LIS desirable.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registry or eligible as MT(ASCP).
- Perform all technical procedures in the section following standard operating procedures for Core Laboratory
- Assist in oversight of Medical Technologists and Medical Technicians.
- Prepare schedules/assignments.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve technical and patient-related problems.
- Collect data and facts for review by the Manager.
- Document all actions taken.
- Review worksheets, records and logs.
- Provide inservice training and education for assigned staff.
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to all assigned staff as directed by the Manager.
- Assist to monitor employee performance.
- Ensure send out results are current by monitoring.
- Monitor pending log, QA, and temperature chart.
- Assist to ensure technical procedures and computer maintenance are in compliance with regulatory, safety, and accreditation standards in assigned areas.
- Monitor supply inventories in assigned areas to assure adequate availability; receive and stock supplies.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards; monitor standards.
- Provide cost-effective utilization of materials and personnel and assist to direct cost containment.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance of all electric equipment in the Core Laboratory area.
- Responsible for efficient and cost effective use of supplies and reagents.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: Maryland-Rockville
Other Locations: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: ROC Montgomery 9850 Keywest Avenue 2nd Floor Rockville 20850
Job: Allied Health
Organization: AmbulatoryRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: Monday - Friday
Job Posting: Jul 26, 2021, 8:21:01 PM