Occupational Therapist I - (210002GE)
Responsible to provide occupational therapy service to a wide spectrum of pediatric disabilities/diseases. Must be knowledgeable in therapeutic exercise, abnormal and normal development, orthotic training, and activities of daily living remediation and perceptual motor testing.
Schedule is M-F occasional weekends
Qualifications Minimum Work Experience
1 year At least 1-year pediatric experience preferred. New graduate accepted. (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
Must have DC licensure or be a pending applicant for licensure with the DC Board. .
- Obtain necessary history include previous medical conditions, pertinent family/social information and review of present complaints.
- Acknowledge evaluation indications and contraindications and utilize correct evaluation methods.
- Select appropriate areas to assess; interpret assessment data accurately; re-assess at appropriate intervals.
- Apply evaluation principles to a variety of pediatric disabilities.
- Adapt methods when necessary based on patient’s condition and environment.
- Adapt knowledge of disease/disability to develop appropriate treatment plan.
- Identify team’s role and collaborate with others to develop treatment priorities.
- Plan treatment based on accurate analysis.
- Establish appropriate long and short term goals.
- Maintain the established treatment plan.
- Appropriately plan for and assist in discharge planning.
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with patient and family; instruct family and staff on activities which support the patient’s treatment program.
- Adhere to treatment precautions and contra-indications.
- Create and maximize environment to aid patient’s progress.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving.
- Respond appropriately to patient’s response of treatment.
- Modify and adapt activities as well as use a variety of strategies to achieve treatment goals; modify goals as patient’s condition or response to treatment changes.
- Comply with departmental policies and procedures for inpatient and outpatient documentation
- Report results of assessment/ reassessment accurately and completely.
- Document and report treatment appropriately.
- Document all home, family and staff instructions.
- Develop and document a discharge plan including follow-up in accordance with patients needs.
- Complete paycard, patient scheduling and billing in an accurate and timely manner.
Safety Risk Management
- Complete all assignments and provide appropriate departmental operational input as requested.
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a manner conducive to efficiency and safety.
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Adhere to all safety and isolation patient care policies.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Ctr Neuroscience & Behav MedRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: M-F occasional weekends
Job Posting: Aug 27, 2021, 2:35:37 PM