Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (Hematology/Oncology) - (210002UK)
Description The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist is responsible to review of pharmacy and organizational policies and procedures in regard to drug use and departmental readiness for regulatory audits. Provide oversight of formulary management and drug-related education. Work closely with other hospital departments to evaluate, direct, and modify pharmacy services and training of clinical staff including competency assessments.
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
Doctor of Pharmacy with an ASHP PGY2 accredited residency. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year At least year of pharmacy experience in a pediatric, specialized or academic or clinical setting. (Required)
- Interpret medication orders, profile orders and oversee the packaging, labeling and distribution of medications.
- Input orders into pharmacy computer system for area of practice when appropriate.
- Perform drug therapy monitoring and intervene as necessary on drug dosing, drug administration, drug interactions, side-effects and monitoring issues.
- Complete therapeutic drug monitoring consults and adverse reaction reports.
- Document all interventions and drug information.
Staff Development and Training
- Assist with the education, training, and general supervision of pharmacy residents.
- Coordinate experience of pharmacy students within organization.
- Coordinate the training of new pharmacists.
- Provide lectures and drug reviews to various professional groups and committees.
- Represent the Department on key committees of the Medical Center.
- Develop system changes, educational programs and interventions that result in the reduction of errors in practice; include prescribing errors, dispensing errors, and administration errors.
- Take necessary steps to assure appropriate medication use throughout organization.
- Identify drugs/therapies that should be considered for further evaluation.
- Provide accurate and timely drug information to physicians, nurses, and other health professionals.
- Maintain an active, current clinical practice based on evidence-based medicine.
- Serve as a clinical specialist resource for pharmacists, nurses and physicians; address and follow up on all issues related to systems and patient care.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Patient ServicesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: VariableWork Schedule: Weekdays plus on-call
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2021, 1:05:53 PM