Psychometrist I - PRN - (210002CG)
Assists fully-licensed neuropsychologists on the medical staff in providing neuropsychological assessments for children with learning, behavioral, and emotional disorders. Helps organize neuropsychological test materials. Assists with writing test reports.
PRN- As Needed
One of Two PRN positions available
Qualifications Minimum Education
Bachelor's Degree Psychology from a regionally accredited college or university. (Required)
Familiarity and training with assessment of children
Performs neuropsychological assessments for children with neurological, learning, behavioral and emotional disorders
- Prepare test materials and room for testing prior to appointment.
- Collect history from child’s family , when appropriate.
- Perform neuropsychological testing batteries under supervision of licensed staff neuropsychologist.
- Score tests and record scores on Test Summary form.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels of testing materials.
- Organize testing materials.
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
Organizational AccountabilitiesReport writing and Communication
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Assist in writing clear and coherent test reports.
- Along with the supervising staff neuropsychologists, communicate test results and recommendations to the child’s family and referring physician.
- Perform follow-up communications with family, when appropriate.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Ctr Neuroscience & Behav MedRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: O - PRNShift: DayWork Schedule: Variable
Job Posting: Oct 28, 2021, 10:11:49 AM