Occupational Therapist II- 8-4:30 M-F occasional Weekends - (210002QC)
The Occupatinal Therpiat will be responsible to provide advanced skill level occupational therapy to a wide spectrum of pediatric disabilities and medical conditions. Must be knowledgeable in therapeutic exercise, hand therapy and splinting, normal and abnormal development, oral motor/feeding intervention, and sensory integration. Must work collaboratively with leadership and program manager to provide updates for clinical and administrative operations of the Rehabilitation Program and, specifically, with the Occupational Therapy Department. Ideal candidate will possess experience working with upper extremity injuries, and congenital deformities.Hand certification preferred
Qualifications Minimum Work Experience
4 years At least 4 - 5 years of experience and/or successful completion and submission of Professional Ladder Application. Pediatric experince preferred. .
Background in pediatrics and acute care.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Must have DC license or be eligible with pending applicant status.
Advanced certification in one of the following areas NDT, SI or hand therapy preferred. .
Clinical Skills and Expertise
- Evaluate and treat patients using appropriate frames of reference pursuant to practice acts.
- Select reliable and valid assessment tools relevant to diagnosis, functional limitations and patient history.
- Synthesize findings of evaluation to formulate valid and appropriate Plan of Care with functional goal outcome.
- Has evidence of advanced knowledge in a minimum of 3 core competency areas.
- Recognized advance competency in 1-2 clinical areas.
- Present one case study and one evidence based practice during in-service to staff.
- Comply with departmental policies and procedures for inpatient and outpatient documentation.
- Ensure documentation of aides and students are reviewed and co-signed.
- Act as an ongoing mentor to Level I staff, students and other health care professionals.
- Assume primary and/or back-up clinical instructor role for student affiliates.
- Assist team to prioritize and plan daily treatment schedules and manage patient load.
- Participate and enhance occupational therapy role in multi-disciplinary clinics, programs and research.
- Complete all administrative assignments including billing, BEARTIME and requested input on operations and administrative.
- Participate in data collection on research projects and PI initiatives.
- Identify need for change in current policies and procedures to reflect update in care and best practice
- Actively participate in case conferences, patient rounds, in-services, seminars and staff meetings.
- Participate in 1 multidisciplinary team committee addressing hospital wide issues.
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Enhance professional growth and development and act in accordance with ethical principles stated by AOTA and other regulatory boards.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Ctr Neuroscience & Behav MedRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: 8-4:30 M-F occasional Weekends
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2021, 3:38:29 PM