Occupational Therapist I - 8-4:30 M-F occasional weekends - (210002QD)
Responsible to provide Occupational Therapy to a wide spectrum of pediatric disabilities/diseases with both inpatients and outpatients. Must be knowledgeable in therapeutic exercise, abnormal and normal development, orthotic training, and activities of daily living remediation and perceptual motor testing.
Qualifications Minimum Work Experience
1 year At least 1-year pediatric experience preferred. New graduate accepted. (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
Must have DC licensure or be a pending applicant for licensure with the DC Board. .
- Obtain necessary history include previous medical conditions, pertinent family/social information and review of present complaints.
- Acknowledge evaluation indications and contraindications and utilize correct evaluation methods.
- Select appropriate areas to assess; interpret assessment data accurately; re-assess at appropriate intervals.
- Apply evaluation principles to a variety of pediatric disabilities.
- Adapt methods when necessary based on patient’s condition and environment.
- Adapt knowledge of disease/disability to develop appropriate treatment plan.
- Identify team’s role and collaborate with others to develop treatment priorities.
- Plan treatment based on accurate analysis.
- Establish appropriate long and short term goals.
- Maintain the established treatment plan.
- Appropriately plan for and assist in discharge planning.
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with patient and family; instruct family and staff on activities which support the patient’s treatment program.
- Adhere to treatment precautions and contra-indications.
- Create and maximize environment to aid patient’s progress.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving.
- Respond appropriately to patient’s response of treatment.
- Modify and adapt activities as well as use a variety of strategies to achieve treatment goals; modify goals as patient’s condition or response to treatment changes.
- Comply with departmental policies and procedures for inpatient and outpatient documentation
- Report results of assessment/ reassessment accurately and completely.
- Document and report treatment appropriately.
- Document all home, family and staff instructions.
- Develop and document a discharge plan including follow-up in accordance with patients needs.
- Complete paycard, patient scheduling and billing in an accurate and timely manner.
Safety Risk Management
- Complete all assignments and provide appropriate departmental operational input as requested.
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a manner conducive to efficiency and safety.
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Adhere to all safety and isolation patient care policies.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Ctr Neuroscience & Behav MedRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: 8-4:30 M-F occasional weekends
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2021, 3:04:09 PM