Exercise Physiologist - (210002W7)
Description The Exercise Physiologist will conduct exercise stress testing and cardiac rehabilitation exercise sessions for inpatients and outpatients throughout our clinic sites in DC, MD, and VA. Will work collaboratively to achieve program goals.
Qualifications Minimum Education
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Master's Degree Graduate degree in Exercise Physiology (Preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year At least 1 year of related experience (Required)
Demonstrates skills to work independently with all age groups and diverse cultures
Required Licenses and Certifications
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS) Basic Life Support for healthcare providers (BLS) (Required)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) 180 Days (Required)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) 180 Days (Required)
Organizes and coordinates maintenance of the stress lab equipment
- Perform daily checks and cleaning of equipment
- Coordinate equipment servicing with program manager and biomed
- Make recommendations to improve and update equipment as necessary
Facilitates communication between physicians, customers, and scheduling
- Maintain and inform program manager of supply inventory
- Coordinate scheduling of stress test with families as appropriate
- Educate families on test preparation and attire
- Disseminate results to referring provider, medical records, and MUSE system
Demonstrates proficiency in all stress tests
- Communicate daily with program manager
- Properly prepare patient for test.
- Perform pulmonary function tests, VO2 max stress test, and stress echo.
- Provide for cooling down and recovery of patients.
- Recognize unstable situations and seek assistance.
Independently functions in the cardiac rehab program
- Ensure accurate billing and records
- Assist with ensuring standards of care and compliance with JC, CMS, HIPPA, ACSM, AACVPR, and DOH
- Assist with obtaining national program certification with AACVPR
- Evaluate medical history and physical status of patients
- Assess baseline functional capacity and health factors for patients
- Assist with developing and implementing appropriate plan of care using AACVPR and ACSM guidelines while considering individual disease limitations
- Assist with initial, 30 day, and discharge assessments
- Instruct patients in proper techniques and use of equipment
- Monitor exercise session, assessing patient for inappropriate ECG, blood pressure, and heart rate responses
- Complete session reports in appropriate system
- Independently adjust adjust exercise treatment plan to progress patients according to patient goals, AACVPR and ACSM guidelines
- Identifies and performs one-on-one patient and family health education, offering resources regarding disease processes, prevention, and home exercise
- Communicate with referring provider updating patient's progress
- Identify own learning needs and seek opportunities to meet those needs.
- Participate in hospital educational opportunities.
- Assist doctors with research involving the Stress Lab/exercise testing.
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Provide information about exercise testing to Fellows.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Heart InstituteRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: M-F 8a-430p
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2021, 12:51:31 PM