Speech/Language Pathologist - PRN - (210002FU)
Responsible for evaluating speech/language of children and providing remediation for children with communication disorders.
PRN- As Needed
Qualifications Minimum Education
Master's Degree (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
0 years Will consider recent Master’s Level graduates. Zero to 2 years related experience. (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
Speech-Language Pathologist (Required) Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech/Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and state licensure or CF eligible (Required)
Conduct Patient Evaluations
Patient Contact Hours
- Evaluate patients using standard and special procedures.
- Meet department standards for patient contact hours.
- Assume responsibility for working independent of direct supervision in ROC or Hospital.
- Report test results accurately using appropriate format.
- Prepare evaluation reports within department timeline.
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
Organizational AccountabilitiesTest and Treatment Reports
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Prepare therapy progress reports, discharge summary and insurance requests based upon documented child performance within timeline.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Ctr Neuroscience & Behav MedRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: O - PRNShift: DayWork Schedule: 8:30-5:00
Job Posting: Aug 18, 2021, 10:22:31 PM