CF Speech/Language Pathologist- SRC - (210003MB)
The Clinical Fellow Speech-Language Pathologist will be responsible to evaluate speech/language of children and provide remediation for children with communication disorders.
Qualifications Minimum Education
Master's Degree Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year 0-1 Years of Experience. Recent graduate from an accredited university. (Required)
- Use appropriate protocol for age and disorder; complete protocol in a timely fashion.
- Show skills for a variety of disorders and test instruments.
- Use knowledge of cultural linguistic features appropriately in the diagnostic process.
- Use translators when appropriate; demonstrate use of appropriate language when necessary.
- Adapt procedures for specialized disorders (e.g., stuttering, alternative/augmentative communication, bilingual, etc.).
- Take initiative to maintain schedule.
- Show flexibility with schedule changes.
- Plan ahead for changes to schedule.
- Show knowledge of counseling techniques.
- Recognize the need for future counseling and know when to refer patient.
- Prepare, interpret and reecord test results appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Deliver therapy in an appropriate manner.
- Use knowledge of theoretical application with patient.
- Choose appropriate toys, games and activities for therapy based on age and disorder.
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Show productivity in patient progress.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Ctr Neuroscience & Behav MedRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: 8:30-5:00
Job Posting: Nov 18, 2021, 10:28:44 AM