Medical Technologist (7a-3:30p w/weekend rotation) - (2100034J)
Performs Blood Bank, procedures in accordance with established procedures and policies. Records and reports results; operates and maintains equipment; monitors quality control standards; evaluates new instruments and tests. Performs clerical and service duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's in Medical Technology or equivalent related field of science (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
3 year Experience in an accredited clinical laboratory (Required)
Math Ability Level: Statistics preferred.
Good interpersonal and communication skills important
Knowledge and skills related to LIS desirable.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registry or eligible as MT(ASCP) (Required)
- Perform routine technical procedures as assigned following standard operating procedures.
- Perform tests accurately in an organized and efficient manner .
- Keep up-to-date with procedure updates.
- Demonstrate competence in assigned areas.
- Serve as a technical resource for Medical Lab Technicians and Laboratory Associates.
- Report tests accurately in writing, orally and/or in the LIS; demonstrate knowledge of LIS.
- Follow established guidelines for reporting ST A T results and critical values, properly documenting calls.
- Credit tests appropriately using correct workload exclusion codes.
- Review testing logs and complete tests within shift
Equipment Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Perform equipment and instrument maintenance according to protocols.
- Follow recommended manufacturer's and/or department defined instrument performance checks and calibrations prior to testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic instrument malfunctions following written guidelines.
- Make adjustments or minor repairs with the aid of instrument manuals or technical service by telephone.
- Assist Medical Lab Technician in resolving problems.
- Monitor supply inventories in assigned areas to assure adequate availability; receive and stock supplies.
- Perform, evaluate and report QC protocol; identify and resolve QC failures; document resolutions.
- Assist ML T and LA with unresolved problems.
- Perform competency and proficiency challenges in a timely manner.
- Responsible for efficient and cost effective use of supplies and reagents.
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Assist in training of new employees.
- Serve as technical designee in competency testing of staff.
- Write and update procedures as assigned.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Patient ServicesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: 7a-330p With Weekend rotation
Job Posting: Dec 3, 2021, 4:10:58 AM