Echocardiography Technologist - (210003MM)
Performs a variety of technical and research responsibilities related to the Cardiology Echo Laboratory. Work collaboratively with hospital staff. Perform Echocardiograms, including measurements, and other diagnostic tests accurately and efficiently. Maintain Records/Billing forms accurately. Promote education for others in department about echocardiography .
Sign- On Bonus of $5000 for those who qualify !
Qualifications Minimum Education
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year Prior cardiology experience or equivalent combination of training and experience. (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered or registry eligible preferred by the Cardiovascular Technology Society (Required) Or
American Registry of Diagnostic Cardiac/Medical
Patient Services - Inpatient/Outpatient/On-Call
- Independently , perform inpatient and outpatient echos, EKG’s and Holter monitors willingly and in a timely fashion.
- Perform all required modalities for standard/research echos.
- Utilize on-line and/or off line analysis system effectively .
- Perform analysis in a timely fashion; strive for accuracy; check work consistently.
- Plan ahead for possible heavy volume.
- Log in all studies completely and accurately .
- Fill out all worksheets completely with all pertinent patient information; write legibly.
- Bill all studies completely and in a timely fashion.
- Promote and teach fellows, students, etc., how to use pediatric echo equipment.
- Strive to improve quality of echos.
- Volunteer to be responsible for research project.
- Willingly assist physicians/fellows with research.
- Collect all pertinent information.
Equipment and Supplies
- Work is completed in a timely fashion.
- Advise supervisor of any problems with equipment.
- Advise supervisor when supplies are low.
- Echo machine and probes are kept clean between patients.
- Help maintain neat and orderly work station and echo lab.
Organizational AccountabilitiesNon-Essential Functions
- Keep clinics well stocked with supplies.
- Work well with cardiologists.
- Work well with physicians, nurses and families.
- Show respect and sensitivity .
- Demonstrate patience and self-control.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Heart InstituteRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: 8:00-16:30
Job Posting: Nov 29, 2021, 8:26:08 AM