Chemistry Core Lab Coordinator (3pm to 11:30pm) - (210003JW)
Description The Coordinator Chemistry Core Lab will be responsible to assist the Manager in the direction and supervision of the day-to-day operations of both technical and administrative functions for the Core Lab Section.
Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or equivalent related field of science. .
Minimum Work Experience
3 years At least 3 to 4 years of experience in an accredited clinical laboratory, some knowledge of specimen processing operations preferred. .
Statistical Analysis. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills important. Knowledge and skills related to LIS desirable.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registry or eligible as MT(ASCP). .
- Perform all technical procedures in the section following standard operating procedures for Core Laboratory
- Assist in oversight of Medical Technologists and Medical Technicians.
- Prepare schedules/assignments.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve technical and patient-related problems.
- Collect data and facts for review by the Manager.
- Document all actions taken.
- Review worksheets, records and logs.
- Provide inservice training and education for assigned staff.
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to all assigned staff as directed by the Manager.
- Assist to monitor employee performance.
- Ensure send out results are current by monitoring.
- Monitor pending log, QA, and temperature chart.
- Assist to ensure technical procedures and computer maintenance are in compliance with regulatory, safety, and accreditation standards in assigned areas.
- Monitor supply inventories in assigned areas to assure adequate availability; receive and stock supplies.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards; monitor standards.
- Provide cost-effective utilization of materials and personnel and assist to direct cost containment.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance of all electric equipment in the Core Laboratory area.
- Responsible for efficient and cost effective use of supplies and reagents.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Patient ServicesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: EveningWork Schedule: 1500 - 2330
Job Posting: Dec 8, 2021, 3:02:49 PM