Health Educator (20 Hours Weekly) - Primary Care Columbia Heights Metro - - (210002JF)
Description The Health Educator will provide educational resources to families about SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and safe infant sleep environment. S/he will be responsible to schedule and conduct educational inservices regarding a safe infant sleep environment. S/he will assist in data collection for ongoing research and evaluation of interventions. S/he will collaborate with other partner organizations in SIDS risk reduction activities.
Bachelor's Degree Degree or equivalent experience in a related field. (Required)
Degree in Nursing or Health Education (Preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
5 years Related and progressive experience (Required)
Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
Skills in word processing and data entry required.
Excellent customer relations skills required.
- Schedule and conducts training for parents, child care providers, and members of the faith community.
- Work collaboratively with others from other SIDS organizations.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Collect accurate and complete information in surveys and interviews
- Successfully facilitate focus groups and individual interviews.
- Utilize software programs to maximize efficiency and performance.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgement
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Goldberg - Adams Morgan 1630 Euclid Street, NW Washington 20009
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Goldberg Cntr Cmnty Ped HlthRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: PT - Part-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: Monday thru Friday
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2021, 7:26:12 AM