HSCPC Respiratory Therapist I, Day shift or Night Shift - Pipeline - (21000429)
The Certified Respiratory Therapist possess sufficient training and experience to perform independent professional respiratory care diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, clinical evaluation of care including the establishment of therapeutic objectives and the review of care. The final and ultimate authority, judgment and clinical decision making are the responsibility of a physician. He/she is involved in acute critical and/or life threatening patient care areas and situations.
Associate's Degree (Preferred) Or
Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
Demonstration of proficient skills for ventilator management required.
Clinical evaluation skills required.
Strong communication skills required.
Ability to handle stressful situation, and good time management skills required.
Active member of the AARC, and AARC state affiliation preferred.
Participation in activities which further professional growth for self and the department is preferred.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Must meet DC licensure requirements. (Required) Registered (R.R.T.) by the NBRC. (Required)
BLS certification. (Required)
NRP/ACLS/PALS/NPS certification. (Preferred)
Essential job duties:
- Operate various types of mechanical ventilators, airway management (suctioning and tracheostomy trach care and change) and administering medical gas therapy as needed.
- Administers respiratory therapy inhaled medications, bronchopulmonary hygiene/drainage; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, adverse reactions and capillary/arterial blood gases.
- Evaluates the effects to respiratory therapy treatments by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment
- Transports mechanically ventilated patients internally within the organization and externally outside the organization.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending continuing education workshops;
- Documents patient care services received in MedHost the Electronic Medical Record.
- Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
Other job duties:
- May perform other duties in addition to those outlined in this job description.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Demonstrates understanding of quality of service and collaborates with co-workers to ensure excellence standard is achieved
- Innovates through improvement of care and/or efficiency of operational processes.
- Dedicated to a standard of performance excellence and high quality
- Embraces changes/improvements and actively participates in the implementation of new/improved programs, technology, new equipment, systems and resources that promote quality of care, safety and efficiency
- Identifies, prioritizes and selects alternative solutions to determine best outcome
- Maintains a high level of activity/productivity, meeting deadlines and appropriately prioritizing tasks to meet business demands
- Anticipates problems and attempts to solve before they develop
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure
- Category I: Job usually involves contact with patients or patient specimens. Exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens, is possible.
Protected Health Information Access Level
- Level IV - Full Access Incumbents in this job may access any protected health information associated to a customer's needs, the service(s) rendered and the position's functions.
- This job operates in a hospital or office environment.
- Light Work: Lifting 25 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: HSC Bunker Hill Peds Ctr 1731 Bunker Hill Road NE Washington 20017
Job: Allied Health
Organization: HSC Pediatric CenterShift: VariableWork Schedule: Variable
Job Posting: Dec 21, 2021, 5:11:24 PM