The Communications Projects Specialist will assist in coordination of a variety of public relations, corporate communications and social media initiatives, capturing the flow of information and activities; managing digital assets, facilitating asset and information sharing; and developing reports and summaries for team members and leaders.
Specific Requirements and Preferences
In Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Advertising, or related field (Highly Preferred). Experience may be substituted for education. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Experience in working with people in public relations, public affairs, marketing, advertising, social media or government relations (Required)
Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
Ability to quickly learn new software and digital tools necessary to perform daily work.
Skilled in developing visually appealing reports on tools like PowerPoint , Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ability to collaborate with multiple leaders to gather information, identify gaps or conflicts and resolve quickly.
Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize workload.
Willingness to provide assistance to communications team members on projects such as media relations events, social media shoots and employee meetings and/or communications.
2. Maintain a calendar of open media relations activities and the status of each project
3. Assess media coverage using department’s measurement system, track efforts by each team member
4. Create daily, monthly and project -based earned impact reports
5. Coordinate with marketing and web teams to develop department-wide reports
Digital Asset Management
1. Ensure web team has final version of press releases and all additional assets and information necessary for posting.
2. Store digital assets such as photographs and video using the standardized process; deploy using tools like PR Newswire.
3. Re-edit press releases to optimize them for success on channels like email newsletters.
4. Provide coordination assistance when the team is managing an extended crisis.
5. When necessary, support the execution of events like Town Halls and Management Staff.
1. Assist with intranet and newsletter analytics
2. Provide coordination assistance when the team is managing an extended crisis.
3. When necessary, support the execution of events like Town Halls and Management Staff.
1. Coordinate with the social media team to develop weekly, monthly and project-based social media analysis reports.
2. When necessary, staff social media photo or video shoots.
3. Ensure photos and videos are properly stored in digital asset management tools.
4. Facilitate the coordination between the social media and media relations teams on projects.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance