Specific Requirements and Preferences
BA/BS in Business administration, computer science, information technology, informatics, healthcare, or related field. BA/BS or equivalent years of experience .
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Experience with project management, implementation, and integration. Experience in the field of hospital pharmacy IT preferred .
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office® Suite including Word®, Excel®, and Outlook preferred
Superior organizational skills coupled with detail-oriented mindset.
Ability to work independently under general direction of project team members.
Working knowledge of desktop computers
Physical - ability to lift up to 30 pounds and stand and walk for long periods of time. Ability to work in a distribution type of environment.
Approximately 3 years of experience in healthcare data related industry is ideal. Knowledge of pediatric healthcare industry, preferably pharmaceuticals, is ideal. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. Certified Pharmacy Technician is required.
Program and Service Administration / Implementation
1. Responsible for pharmacy technology systems including planning, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
2. Assures additions or changes to software or hardware meet all end users' needs and align with the Department of Pharmacy's goals and objectives.
3. Responsible for the development, implementation, support and maintenance of medication and pharmacy related components
4. Interact closely with the Information Technology (IT) team to maximize functionality and patient safety of clinical systems.
5. Coordinate and support implementation, upgrades and training on all Pharmacy related technology platforms.
6. Develop a testing plan and validation of all programs related to medication management and pharmacy prior to implementation.
7. Collect and document medication inventory and supply information, including item description, base packaging units, NDC’s, dimensional data, and barcodes.
8. Participate in pharmacy applications training
9. Assist with design and configuration of the automated dispensing carousels.
1. Assist with test script requirements development and with application, integration and performance testing as directed.
1. Configure, secure, and support peripheral hardware, including printers and mobile wireless scanning devices
1. Support the implementation and maintenance of the pharmacy inventory management systems
1. Coordinate problem resolution with IT team.
1. Provide expertise and guidance to IT staff in the management of pharmacy and medication use database, master files and tables.
1. Maintain clinical information integrity in all relevant systems.
1. Drafts and recommends changes to departmental policies and procedures in areas of responsibility and promotes compliance with these policies and procedures.
1. Communicates with staff and promotes staff ownership in problem solving and participation in operational decision-making.
2. Serves as a positive role model to staff, ensuring that customer service is a priority.
3. Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences.
4. Display a positive attitude within the department and across departmental lines in support of the hospital’s programs and mission.
5. Promote effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team to facilitate goals and objectives.
6. Maintain confidentiality of all hospital and patient information.
7. Present neat appearance in proper attire and identification as required by position and hospital policy.
8. Foster mature professional relationships with fellow employees.
9. Perform duties under the auspices of CNMC values 3 C's (Commitment, Connection, and Compassion
1. Establish and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and members of the general public.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance