Sep 15, 2020
Children's National Medical Center
Washington, DC, USA
Sr. Medical Assistant- Bilingual, Part-Time (CP & A)- Montgomery County School Based Heath - (190002ZA)
Description The SR Medical Assistant (CP&A) will be responsible to perform a variety of moderately complex patient care and administrative activities to assist providers, patients and staff. Assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management, including coordinating patient referrals.
Qualifications Minimum Education
High School Diploma or GED
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Or Graduate from a Medical Assistant Training Program. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Medical office setting or 3-5 years in a pediatric medical office setting. (Required)
Basic math calculations.
Knowledge of examinations, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
Knowledge of medical equipment and medical
terminology. Basic computer skills.
Knowledge of insurance verification and patient flow monitoring.
Good communication skills (written and oral)
and customer service skills.
Ability to train and coach staff.
Experience with electronic medical records.
1. Prepare patients for examination and treatment; clean exam and treatment rooms before and after patient encounter; instruct patient in complex testing requirements and medical procedures.
2. Review electronic health record for immunizations, labs and consult; administer vaccines, medications and treatments as prescribed by provider.
3. Responsible for the monitoring of Vital Signs and Tracking Changes as necessary.
4. Recognizes urgent patient problems and/or emergencies, and addresses the patient's situation with the MD and/or RN.
5. Organize and maintain medical supplies and equipment.
6. Assist providers with management of patient allergies, medications and history.
1. Process lab referrals within electronic health records.
2. Answer phone calls and respond to patient requests for lab results, prescriptions, immunization history, etc.; oversee the follow-up process for lab results and instructions per provider.
3. Perform vaccine inventory, vaccine storage and handling of all vaccine products and reports to assigned staff; complete requests for school and medication forms.
4. Provide guidance to other staff members and make recommendations to manager.
5. Serve as a resource for patient related communications as defined by PCMH workflow
6. Act as a communication liaison to other medical assistants and staff; ensure office policy and procedures are being followed
Patient Flow Design
1. Manage staff resources and assignments.
2. Train and mentor medical assistant staff.
3. Perform vaccine management as relating to loop ordering and reports; ensure appropriate vaccine storage and monitoring processes are followed; act as emergency (back-up) resource for vaccine storage.
4. Monitor patient flow and make changes to improve productivity.
5. Maintain related patient flow design according to PCMH and Meaningful Use workflow.
1. Demonstrate Immunization Protocol Efficiency as required.
2. Recognize his/her limitations, and discuss any complications with the proper professional staff member.
1. Implement guidelines regarding HIPPA and OSHA regulations.
2. Participate and Lead workflow process improvements as related to MU and PCMH.
3. Remain knowledgeable of insurances, billing processes, patient care referrals and financial impact.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: Maryland-Gaithersburg
Work Locations: CP&A Gaithersburg 555 Quince Orchard Road Suite 350 Gaithersburg 20878
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Childrens Peds and AssocRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: PT - Part-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: m-f 8:30 am -3:30pm
Job Posting: Feb 21, 2020, 11:02:20 AM