Pulmonary Diagnostic Respiratory Care Tech II (ERP $$$) - (170003H1)
Pulmonary Diagnostics RCP II
This position is eligible for a $4,000.00 sign-on bonus for Non-CNMC Employees.
50% Paid at Start of Employment. 50% Paid after one (1) year of Employment.
The Pulmonary Diagnostics RCPII will report to the Manager, Pulmonary Diagnostics Lab, for operational oversight.; The Manager will provide oversight of the assessment of technical competencies and training.; The RCPII will be responsible for completing the training protocol provided at time of hire in a timely manner.; They will become familiar with all lab processes and procedures and how to access assistance or references when needed. They will be responsible for performing all aspects of respiratory care as well as all services rendered through the pulmonary diagnostic lab.; This includes but is not limited to:; assessment of a patient's respiratory status, provision of all standard respiratory care treatments, performing full spectrum of pulmonary function studies( spirometry, plethysmography, DLCO, LCI, MIP/MEP, FOT), metabolic studies, hypoxic challenges, all forms of exercise testing (GXT, 6 minute walk, EIB, cold air challenge),methacholine challenges, transcutaneous Carbon Dioxide monitoring, indirect measurement of hemoglobin, exhaled nitric oxide measurement; bronchoscopy support in the OR, cath lab or ICU's and the assessment ; adjustment of patients settings on home ventilators including report generation from the ventilator memory during visit.;All work will comply with the ATS standards of testing, DOH and JCH standards and hospital policies and procedures; They will also be expected to transition work sites to include the main lab, the inpatient lab, the OR/ICU, Regional Outpatient Centers including Fairfax, Montgomery County, Friendship Heights, and Annapolis, and the Muscular Dystrophy Center program held in Physical Medicine. All members of the lab staff are expected to provide educational encounters for patients and their families covering all forms of Airway Clearance Techniques and all respiratory medications and equipment used in the home.; Childrens National Health Center is a teaching and research facility.; As a member of our team the RCPII will be host to medical and respiratory care students providing educational encounters in the areas of care we provide throughout the year.; We are also responsible for end to end care of our equipment in the lab and OR which requires an expert level of skill in the High Level Disinfection process practiced in our hospital. Troubleshooting equipment skills are essential due to the variety of sites and assignments possible which will require the therapist to resolve many types of software and hardware problems as they arise.; Must be familiar with CPAP/BIPAP equipment and apnea monitors.
Qualifications Minimum Education
Minimum Work Experience
5 Year(s) experience in Respiratory Care- Required3 year (s) experience in a Pulmonary Diagnostics environment- Required
AS. Degree from an AMA approved Respiratory Care program.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Registered Respiratory TherapistCertified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT)
Eligible for CITI certification.RCP- DC licensure required on start date and one other license in either MD or VA depending on position applied for
- Provide research protocol support complying with all hospital policies and procedures.
- Partner in the mission and common core principles of the organization.
- Participate in a hospital sponsored volunteer event, committee, or provide an educational encounter for pulmonary fellows annually.*
- Complete CITI training during their probationary period, keeping it current through out employment;
- Keep an up to date CV in their employee file.
- Maintain all competencies and annual training.
- Anticipate and respond to customer needs. Follow up to ensure these needs are met.
- Engage with each patient, family member, and staff person as a representative of the department and hospital.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be responsive and thoughtful of the patient's needs and experience while providing excellent care at all times.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team huddles to ensure lab is ready for services that are needed for the clinic patients.
- Reach out to create partnerships across teams to provide better care.
- Seek out team members input to improve collaborative care.
- Support and encourage co-workers, providing assistance if needed.
- Practice closed loop communication to ensure the lab staff, bronch team ,Inpatient service team and manager are aware of any variances in coverage.
- Act as a mentor providing procedure review and competency check off for RCPI and RCPII staff.*
- Attend in-services, conferences or work-shops to maintain and upgrade clinical knowledge base and technical skills; present a review of any new information learned during a conference to the team.
- Act as the patient's advocate in the field of respiratory care, striving to improve and enhance the quality of our service.
- Accept challenges and provide solutions through problem solving with team members.
- Contact the correct department or party to ensure any equipment, software, employee failure is correctly reported and repaired.
- Demonstrate integrity and focus on what is safe.
- Exhibit safe practice at all times when working with patients using equipment and gases.
- Use hospital Safety Event Reporting System to ensure capture of any unsafe events.
- Practice Stop, Think, Act, and Review(STAR) to ensure safety is always assured.
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Allied Health
Organization: COE Hospital-Based SpecliatiesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: Mon - Fri
Job Posting: Jan 16, 2020, 11:33:44 AM