Performs hearing screening tests on newborns and infants using special computerized technological equipment, according to established protocols.
High School Diploma or GED Or equivalent. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
One year in a health care setting preferred .
Basic math calculations-addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; data entry/computer skills preferred; knowledge of general office equipment. Physical requirements include light lifting (20 pounds maximum) and usually involving walking or standing to a significant degree; bending the body downward at the waist and the ability to coordinate eyes and hands and the ability to manipulate small objects quickly and accurately.
1. Conduct hearing screenings on newborns using appropriate procedures and computer technology.
1. Coordinate own schedule in cooperation with program manager and other technicians.
1. Maintain computer software for tracking of infants
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance