The Ultrasound & Vascular Technologist will perform high quality Diagnostic Ultrasound and Vascular exams while providing excellent patient care.
"Location will vary covering 3 sites"
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Graduate of approved program in Ultrasound Technology (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Clinical Ultrasound experience (Required)
Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) -Required
Able to perform all general ultrasound exams as well as a proficient understanding of vascular anatomy, color Doppler , and pulse wave Doppler.
Demonstrates working knowledge of all diagnostic ultrasound equipment and related components.
Possesses excellent knowledge of cross sectional anatomy and ultrasound pathology and documents such.
1. Produce high quality ultrasound scans via appropriate choice of transducer, scale, focal zones, and gain. Scale.
2. Work independently .
3. Assist radiologists with interventional procedures as directed.
4. Perform all exams in a timely and efficient manner .
1. Identify each image with proper and permanent patient data.
2. Follow correct procedures regarding warm-up, use and shut down of equipment.
3. Check paperwork, film jackets and patient charges for accuracy prior to submission and completes RIS assignments immediately following exam.
4. Maintain cleanliness of exams rooms and equipment.
1. Greet patients, introduce self to patient and treat all patients/families in a kind, courteous and professional manner; explain exam to patients/parents; communicate with patient throughout the exam and releases patient/parent with appropriate follow-up info;
2. Ensure room is prepared & stocked prior to start of exam.
3. Make every attempt to meet scheduled appointment times and accommodate stat or add-on requests.
4. Be cooperative and willing to assist when asked to travel to a CH-affiliated site.
5. Share on call responsibilities, equally , with all ultrasound technologists.
1. Teach vascular anatomy and exams to students, new hires and retrain staff as needed.
2. Perform vascular studies as indicated.
3. Ensure consistent quality of vascular exams.
1. Adhere to all OSHA regulations.
2. Keep acoustic power within acceptable limits.
3. Practice personal radiation safety within the department.
4. Immediately report equipment malfunctions to engineer & complete appropriate paperwork.
5. Assist to train and orientate new technologists within the modality.
1. Maintain A.R.D.M.S. certification which encompasses RVT certification.
2. Biennially update CPR certification.
3. Complete mandatory annual in-services.
4. Attend seminars and in-services.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance