Assists fully-licensed neuropsychologists on the medical staff in providing neuropsychological assessments for children with learning, behavioral, and emotional disorders. Helps organize neuropsychological test materials. Assists with writing test reports.
Two Positions Available
24 hours Weekly- Part-time
Bachelor's Degree - Psychology from a regionally accredited college or university. (Required)
Current enrollment or matriculation in an accredited master’s or doctoral program or completion of doctoral program and currently obtaining hours towards full licensure. (Required)
Familiarity and training with assessment of children
Performs neuropsychological assessments for children with neurological, learning, behavioral and emotional disorders
1. Prepare test materials and room for testing prior to appointment.
2. Collect history from child’s family , when appropriate.
3. Perform neuropsychological testing batteries under supervision of licensed staff neuropsychologist.
4. Score tests and record scores on Test Summary form.
1. Maintain appropriate inventory levels of testing materials.
2. Organize testing materials.
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Report writing and Communication
1. Assist in writing clear and coherent test reports.
2. Along with the supervising staff neuropsychologists, communicate test results and recommendations to the child’s family and referring physician.
3. Perform follow-up communications with family, when appropriate.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things