Transport Team Paramedic- PRN - (220000OQ)
As a member of the transport team, provide safe, efficient and effective inter-facility transport to a wide variety of ill and injured patients. Provide advanced life support care necessary to stabilize and transport patients. The provision of this care may occur under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or with standing protocols under a physician's direction in conjunction with other providers (i.e. Emergency Medical Technicians). Provide staffing in the Emergency Communications and Information Center .
"PRN" As Needed
Qualifications Minimum Education
High School Diploma or GED H.S. Diploma or GED AND graduation from an accredited paramedic program (through a professional institute or a college/university) (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year At least 1 year of ALS experience in a pre-hospital (911) or inter-facility transport program (Required)
2 years At least 2 years of related experience (Preferred)
Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Demonstrates clinical expertise, problem solving and independent decision making skills.
Maintain skills and proficiency with the use of information technology.
Must be able to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable and professional manner.
Must possess a valid drivers license and be able to operate an emergency vehicle during routine and priority response.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) (Required)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (Required)
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS) (Required)
AHA HP , ACLS (Required)
Specialty certification in pediatric/neonatal critical care transport 2 Yrs (Required)
Certifications from the State of Maryland,
Virginia, The District of Columbia (DC and MD certifications prior to completion of orientation). 120 Days (Required)
Specialty certification (PNCCT , CCEMTP) (Preferred)
- Ensure a quick response to all transport requests.
- Provide developmentally appropriate care.
- Perform patient assessment and prioritize care based on assessment.
- Continuously re-assess patient and perform advanced role skills according to standard protocols or on-line physician direction.
- Distinguish between normal and abnormal findings, and recognize clinical deterioration.
- Maintain proficiency with transport and patient care equipment including, but not limited to, monitors, infusion pumps, external pacer, defibrillator, and transport ventilators.
- Administer and monitor medications as outlined by transport service policies and procedures within scope of practice.
- Follow all transport protocols as directed by medical control for transport services.
- Document patient care as specified by department and hospital guidelines.
- Promote family centered care in the transport environment.
- Maintain proficiency in Advanced airway management and endotracheal intubation.
- Maintain proficiency in Peripheral IV insertion and fluid administration.
- Maintain proficiency in C-Spine restriction and splinting.
- Maintain proficiency in Needle thoracentesis.
- Maintain proficiency in Intraosseous needle placement.
- Obtain and evaluate pre-transport patient information.
- Provide technical expertise with telephones and radios to ensure effective communication between transport team members and the referral facility .
- Maintain an open line of communication with the referring physician, ECIC and the CNMC physician as the patient’s condition warrants during transport.
- Communicate all pertinent patient information in both written and verbal form.
- Provide written and verbal report to receiving provider in an organized and timely manner.
- Complete patient transport documentation.
- Provide staffing in the Emergency Communications and Information Center .
- Responsible for safe loading and unloading of patients and family and to ensure patient and equipment are safely secured during transport.
- Maintain current knowledge of locations and efficient travel routes to referring facilities.
- Maintain ambulance in clean and neat working order and ensure adequate inventories of supplies including patient care equipment, linen, vehicle fuel and fluids; complete all equipment and safety checks as soon as possible during shift.
- Provide prompt notification of deficiencies identified during safety checks.
- Anticipate patient needs and secure proper equipment and personnel.
- Promptly communicate safety and equipment concerns per policy.
- Maintain CNMC Transport Team safety standards.
- Supervise Emergency Medical Technicians during ground transports.
- Complete daily basic vehicle maintenance checklist and maintain responsibility for vehicle fleet.
- Maintain transport vehicle readiness, include cleanliness, equipment and supplies.
- Recognize recurring problems and participate in their resolution.
- Participate in the transport data collection.
- Assist in marketing and public relation events.
- Actively participate in patient review and performance improvement projects.
- Assist with appropriate clinical duties within institution.
- Assume self-directed role during low periods of activity.
- Act as a resource and role model to other staff.
- Assume self-directed approach to ensuring adequate paramedic staffing of all shifts.
- Work collaboratively with EMS customers to care for and facilitate return of pre-hospital equipment (ie backboards)
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
Organizational AccountabilitiesProfessional Development
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Maintain a positive public image of the transport program through contact with community facilities.
- Assist in orientation of new employees.
- Attend all required staff meetings and educational activities.
- Serve as a contributing member of transport/hospital committees.
- Independently maintain required certifications.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
Job: Allied Health
Organization: COE Hospital-Based Specliaties
Position Status: R (Regular) - O - PRN
Work Schedule: Variable
Job Posting: Mar 7, 2022, 10:53:20 AM