Lead Occupational Therapist - (210003IZ)
The Lead Occupational Therapist will be responsible for providing clinical supervision, mentorship and new staff orientation to occupational therapists, serve as an occupational therapist conducting evaluation and therapy services and support department leadership with administrative and program development.
Occupation Therapy Team Lead for Outpatient Service. Patient care as well as mentoring OT staff at SZ and ROC sites
Qualifications Minimum Education
Bachelor's Degree Bachelors to Clinical Doctorate in Occupational Therapy (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
6 years Current employment as an occupational therapist at Children's National with a minimum of 6 years' expereince in an acute complex medical setting. Some supervisory/management experience is desired. (Required)
Strong knowledge of clinical specialty and services as it relates to occupational therapy and demonstrates clinical leadership skills. Excellent communication skills. Strong collaborative relationship with administrative and clinical colleagues within CNHS.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Occupational Therapist Licensed or eligible for Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia .
- Evaluates and provides therapy incorporating advanced best practice and research driven techniques pursuant to professional practice acts
New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvements
- Consistent use of advanced treatment techniques to achieve consistent and positive outcome
- Provide assistance to department leadership on new program development and opportunities for expansion.
- Assist department leadership with Performance Check Ins for occupational therapists.
- Assist department leadership with administrative tasks as assigned which may include productivity stats, triage of new orders and flow of daily schedule.
- Acts as a mentor to all staff to share clinical experience, expertise and advance practice competencies within department.
- Provides new staff orientation to ensure adequate training and orientation to hospital and department patient care practices/protocols, safety and policies.
- Provide opportunity and suggestions to all staff to advance skill via continuing education.
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Other Locations: Virginia-Fairfax, Maryland-Rockville
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Ctr Neuroscience & Behav Med
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: M-F
Job Posting: Mar 3, 2022, 6:33:02 AM