Sr Echocardiography Technol - (210003LW)
The Sr. Echocardiography Technologist will perform a variety of technical and research responsibilities related to the Cardiology Echo Laboratory.
Sign -On Bonus - $5000K for those that qualify!
Qualifications Minimum Education
Vocational Education High School diploma, Graduate of an approved school of Echocardiography. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
3 years Prior cardiology experience or equivalent combination of training and experience. (Preferred)
1 year Full time dedicated pediatric experience in an echo laboratory directed by a board certified pediatric cardiologist. (Required)
Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical/Cardiac Sonography (ARDMS), Registered in Pediatrics, or Registered by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer
Show respect and sensitivity
Demonstrate patience and self-control
Required Licenses and Certifications
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS) Upon Hire (Required)
- Independently perform echos on complex patients with congenital heart disease in inpatient and outpatient setting in a timely fashion; and, independently perform fetal echos in a timely fashion.
- Perform all required modalities for standard/research echos according to protocol.
- Perform Holter monitor hook-ups and EKG’s as needed.
- Utilize on-line and/or off line analysis system effectively .
- Perform analysis in a timely fashion.
- Strive for accuracy; check work consistently and keep up with heavy volume; strive to improve quality of echos.
- All pertinent patient information is obtained for studies.
- All studies are created completely and accurately
Research Activities/Special Projects
- All studies billed completely and in a timely fashion.
- Volunteer to be responsible for research project.
- Assist physicians/fellows with research, willingly.
- Collect all pertinent information.
- Assist director of echocardiography with telemedicine.
- Assist director of echocardiography with 3D echo and contrast studies.
- Advise supervisor of any problems with equipment.
- Advise supervisor when supplies are low.
- Echo machine and probes are kept clean between patients.
Regional Outpatient Centers
- Help maintain neat and orderly work station and echo lab.
- Perform echos, EKG’s and Holter monitors in a timely fashion.
- Be able to handle heavy volume effectively and efficiently .
- Work well with physicians, nurses and families.
- Keep clinics well stocked with supplies
- Participate in all aspects of on-call responsibilities and be reliable; work well with cardiologists.
- Instruct and guide junior level techs/fellows on approach to echoing patients with complex heart disease.
- Guide junior level techs/fellows on obtaining quality studies (utilization of transducers/controls).
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Instruct junior level techs/fellows on use of echo machine, digital acquisition and EnConcert system.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Heart Institute
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: 8:00-4:30
Job Posting: Feb 25, 2022, 6:47:44 PM