Cardiac Cath and Electrophysiology Technologist- M- F 7a to 330p with rotating call - (22000080)
The Electrophysio Technologist Invasive is responsible to assist physicians during cardiac catheterization procedure, obtain and document data pertinent to cardiac care diagnosis, and treatment. Will perform a variety of technical and research duties as related to the cardiac catheterization lab under the direction of the senior technologist and physician.
Shift is M- F 7a to 330p with rotating call
Qualifications Minimum Education
High School Diploma or GED .
Minimum Work Experience
3 years At least 3 years of experience in the field of cardiology or equivalent schooling and experience. .
Ability to function in a high pressure atmosphere with minimal supervision, emotional stability.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Preferred certification as a Registered Cardiovascular Technician or Cardiolpulmunary Technologist. Registration in CCI, NACP, NSCPT preferred. .
- Operate hemodynmic equipment such as physiological monitor, cardiac output computer, electrophysiology equipment.
- Prep patient site per protocol.
- Assist physician with percutaneous and cutdown procedures into arteries and veins; intracardiac electrophysiology testing, including rapid pacing techniques: temporary and permanent pacemaker insertion.
- Perform blood gas analysis.
- Assist Cath Lab RN in nursing care of patients pertaining to provision of medication, vital signs, and airway management.
- Assist with research protocols assigned by physician.
- Perform quality control checks in laboratory to assure proper equipment functions.
- Daily checks of defibrillator and respiratory equipment in the absence of the Cath Lab RN.
- Clean Cath Lab with appropriate solution.
- Resterilize used equipment per policy.
- Turn off all equipment and secure lab, following last procedure of the day.
- Maintain equipment and supplies at levels specified by Director.
- Stock supplies in cath lab from in-house and warehouse services.
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Assist in filing of cath reports.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Heart Institute
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: M- F 7a to 330p with rotating call
Job Posting: Feb 25, 2022, 6:05:01 PM