Diagnostic Imaging Technologist- Rockville site - (2100025R)
Perform high quality exams in at least two of the following modalities: CT , MRI, DEXA, ULTRA SOUND, NUCLEAR MEDICINE, SPECIAL PRODECURES and DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING exams while providing excellent patient care. This position is in a fast pace pediatric imaging center that accepts both scheduled and walk-in patients. Cross Sectional Technologist with credential and competency in CT, Fluoroscopy, and XRAY is ideal. Monday through Friday no weekends and no holidays. MC ROC will be primary department but applicant may be floated to other sites based on the needs of the organization.
High School Diploma or GED (Required) and Graduate of approved program in Radiologic Technology
Conduct any two of the following: CT , MRI, DEXA UL TRASOUND, NUCLEAR MECINE, SPECIAL PROCEDURES AND DIAGNOSTIC Procedures.
Demonstrates working knowledge with any two hardware, software, camera, and other related components of the imaging system.
Follows protocols under the direction of the radiologist.
Demonstrates good judgment when correlating patient history and scanning protocols.
Possesses adequate knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and pathology.
Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of cryogen biohazards.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Radiography Technologist (ARRT) .
Radiographic Positioning & Techniques
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all diagnostic imaging equipment and related components.
- Produce high quality radiographs by using proper positioning and immobilization techniques.
- Set appropriate exposure factors to produce high quality films.
- Use good judgment regarding film quality; determine when repeats are required.
Specialized Imaging Procedures
- Direct and control the flow of patients.
- Serve as department liaison with nursing service and anesthesia.
- Perform daily quality control testing of film processing and equipment specific to special procedures.
- Understand and perform all aspects of neuro, vascular and cardiac interventional exams.
- Assist interventional physician as directed.
- Maintain and order inventory and supplies specific to special procedures.
- Assure permanent film identification by using lead markers.
- Identify each radiograph/image with proper and permanent patient data.
- Follow correct procedures in regard to warm-up, use and shut-down of equipment.
- Check paperwork, film jackets and patient charges for accuracy prior to submission and complete RIS assignments immediately following exam.
- Maintain cleanliness of exams rooms and equipment.
- Demonstrate working knowledge with any two hardware, software, camera, and other related components of the imaging system.
- Follow protocol under the direction of the radiologist.
- Demonstrate good judgment when correlating patient history and scanning protocols.
- Possess adequate knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and pathology.
- Avoid bringing ferrous materials into MR scan room.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations.
- Screen each patient for MR contraindications.
- Inquire about menstrual status and possibility of pregnancy for female adolescents and teens.
- Shield patients whenever possible.
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Maintain A.R.R.T . certification.
- Biennially update CPR certification.
- Complete mandatory annual reviews.
- Attend seminars and in-service training.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: Maryland-Rockville
9850 Keywest Avenue 2nd Floor
Job: Allied Health
Organization: COE Hospital-Based Specliaties
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 830-1700
Job Posting: Feb 25, 2022, 2:05:15 PM