CT Technologist - (220000CL)
Description The CT Technologist will perform a wide variety of high quality CT Scans while providing excellent patient care.
Minimum Education - Graduate of a formal education program accredited by a mechanism acceptable to the American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) required
Minimum Work Experience
1 year Clinical CT imaging experience in a hospital or out-patient environment (Required)
Pediatric Imaging experience -preferred
Demonstrate appropriate patient care, technical, procedural and evaluation skills.
Demonstrates proficient to perform a variety of CT procedures independently , consistently and effectively.
Demonstrates skillful operation of imaging equipment and related components.
Demonstrates good judgment when correlating patient history with scanning protocols.
Knowledge of imaging protocols to perform quality clinical and research exams.
Possesses adequate knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
Ability to trouble shoot and recognize equipment malfunctions.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Radiography Technologist (ARRT) (Required)
R.T . (R) (CT) (ARRT) certification. Cross-Trained staff must attain Post-Primary certification 1 Year (Required)
Performance of Clinical and Research Procedures
- Work in conjunction with Nuclear Medicine Technologists to perform PET/CT exams.
- Familiar with contrast medications used for CT exams.
- Perform all exams in an efficient manner , with the ability to recognize when to make scan sequence adjustments to enhance images.
- Orient new technologists to attain proficiency of pediatric imaging protocols.
- Consistent email review for Department and Hospital operational updates.
- Verify exam requests with patient information (the right exam and the right patient).
- Assure exam images have the correct patient data.
- Follow correct procedures regarding warm-up, phantom scanning and shut-down of equipment.
- Check exam orders and exam charges for accuracy; complete RIS assignments accurately and in a timely manner; verify exams are loaded onto Picture Archival Communication System (P ACS).
- Acknowledge and respond to performance improvement feedback from Radiology Faculty.
- Track and record scanner data to meet American College Radiology (ACR) requirements.
- Ensure the cleanliness of scanners and exam rooms; patient exam related items are stocked and prepared in advance to facilitate efficiency .
- Greet patients/parents respectfully, introduce self and role to patient and treat all patients/families in a kind, courteous and professional manner; communicate and explain exam procedures to patients/parents in a clear and concise manner.
- Make every attempt to meet scheduled appointment time and accommodate stat or add-on exam requests; communicate with patient/parent throughout the exam and visit to CT Department.
- Discharge patient/parent with appropriate follow-up information.
- Report patient/family customer service issues to Manager in a timely manner.
- Equally share on-call responsibilities with all CT Technologists.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations, including no eating or drinking in designated patient care areas; adhere to department and hospital patient safety guidelines.
- Ensure Time Outs are conducted before procedure is started.
- Inquire about menstrual status and possibility of pregnancy for female adolescents and teens.
- Immediately report scanner or room equipment malfunctions to scanner field engineers and/or CN Engineering Department.
- Complete mandatory annual reviews on CHEX.
Daily Patient Flow
- Identify and seek opportunities to perform exams.
- Part of team which coordinate patient throughput to ensure all patients are serviced in a timely and quality-oriented fashion.
- Communicate effectively (orally and written) when handing off department/patient information to incoming staff.
- Confer with faculty and colleagues when confronted with an unfamiliar problem.
- Immediately report personnel issues to manager and/or radiology on-call administrator to ensure continuous staffing and safe environment.
- Consistently review email for Department and Hospital operational updates.
- Maintain R.T . (R) (CT) A.R.R.T . certification.
- Biennially update CPR certification.
- Attend seminars and in-services.
- Participate in Quality Assurance Initiatives to enhance CT service.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
Job: Allied Health
Organization: COE Hospital-Based Specliaties
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: TBD
Job Posting: Feb 25, 2022, 2:00:58 PM