The Pulmonary Diagnostics RCPI will report to the Manager, Pulmonary Diagnostics Lab, for operational oversight. The Manager will provide oversight of the assessment of technical competencies and training. The RCPI will be responsible for completing the training protocol provided at the time of hire in within the probationary period. They will be able to provide clinical support for respiratory needs at the time of hire including treatments, educational encounters, and ventilator evaluations. They will be expected to complete simple spirometry training and be able to work with patients independently when performing this test and other services listed above by the end of probationary period. All work will comply with the ATS standards of testing, DOH and JCH guidelines and hospital policies and procedures. They will become familiar with all lab processes and procedures and how to access assistance or references when needed. They will also be expected to transition work sites to include the main lab, the inpatient lab, Regional Outpatient Centers(ROC) and the Muscular Dystrophy program held in Physical Medicine. Children's National Health Center is a teaching and research facility. As a member of our team, the RCPI will assist in hosting medical and respiratory care students and provide educational experiences in the areas of care our service is responsible for as needed throughout the year. Will be knowledgeable of High Level Disinfection (HLD) processes practiced in our hospital. Will be able to troubleshoot any equipment in use in our department or notify RCPIII /manager of any issues unable to resolve. Must be familiar with CPAP/BIPAP equipment and apnea monitors.
"PRN - As Needed "
There are two ( 2) PRN positions available.
A.S. - Completion of a minimum two year of college training in an AMA approved Respiratory Care Program required. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year- Experience in PFT lab or diagnostic service setting. preferred and
2 years- Experience in respiratory care. (Required)
Intermediate level of computer skills required.
Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory agency requirements (e.g., JCAHO, DC DOH, HIP AA).
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Respiratory Therapist RCP DC license Upon Hire Req And
Registered Respiratory Therapist RCP MD or VA license (if required for position applied for) 90 Days Req
Organization and Planning
3. Ensure equipment and supplies are prepare and ready to provide scheduled services.
3. Prioritize multiple requests for services.
4. Utilize supervisory staff for assistance when needed.
5. Participate in the interdisciplinary team huddle to ensure lab is informed of clinical expectations for the day.
6. Functional in the correct flow for equipment HLD reprocessing.
6. Ability to utilize BREEZESUITE, CORNERSTONE, CERNER, CERNER, SUNQUEST, access to protected folder on "S" drive.
1. Assess patient respiratory status.
2. Interpret clinical signs and symptoms for patients with a variety of respiratory illnesses.
3. Contribute to plan of care based on assessments.
5. Administer aerosolized medications and treatments as ordered.
6. Provide instruction to patients and families regarding respiratory treatments, equipment, and pulmonary diagnostic testing.
7. Evaluate effectiveness and outcomes of interventions.
1. Perform spirometry, FOT, DLCO and TGV testing maneuvers independently.
2. Perform all assignments according to lab procedure in accordance with ATS standards.
3. Calibrate pulmonary devices.
4. Monitor/order pulmonary lab supplies.
5. Contact equipment manufacturers for technical assistance, as needed.
6. Process soiled equipment for lab assigned according to hospital protocol.
1. Document assessments, treatments, procedures, and teaching encounters appropriately in CERNER.
3. Evaluate and document ventilator patient encounters including any downloads done during the time of visit.
4. Review and refer to all protocols to ensure correct information/documentation is done with each patient encounter.
4. Maintain accurate encounter logs in any lab assigned to.
5. Enter all billing through CERNER correctly.
1. Identify opportunities for professional growth.
2. Attend in-services, conferences, or work-shops to maintain and upgrade clinical knowledge base and technical skills.
3. Actively participate in staff/departmental meetings; participate in departmental performance improvement activities.
4. Assist to maintain departmental readiness for regulatory surveys.
5. Maintain all competencies and annual training requirements.
6. Maintain all professional licenses and certifications
7. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times, ensuring all patient data meets HIPPA standards.
1. Participate in a hospital/department sponsored educational event annually.
2. Assist in providing educational encounters for medical students, residents, and respiratory care students.
3. Maintain area of information on "S" drive in area assigned.
1. Act as the patient's advocate in the field of respiratory care, striving to improve and enhance the quality of our service.
2. Engage with each patient, family member, and staff person as a representative of the department and the hospital.
3. Practice closed loop communication, SBAR, STAR, Peer Check, or any effective tool available to ensure the lab staff, inpatient team, and manager are all informed of current issues pertaining to lab services.
4. Know correct method to contact department or entity to ensure any equipment, software, or employee failure is correctly reported and addressed immediately.
5. Review lab schedule at any site assigned to checking to ensure what coverage is required and contacting manager as needed.
1. Demonstrate integrity and focus on what is safe.
2. Exhibit safe practice at all times when working with patients and using equipment or gases. Refer to professional and hospital guidelines.
3. Use hospital safety reporting system (RL) to ensure capture and tracking of any perceived risk.
4. Practice HLD safety when working with equipment in the lab.
5. Comply with Universal Precautions and Hand washing guidelines
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance