Digital Imaging Lab Associate- Variable 20 hours weekly - (210003WJ)
The Digital Imaging Laboratory Associate will ensure efficient and accurate handling of radiology images and documents according to department standards. Provide patient services and clerical support in clinic operations. Students are encouraged to apply.
20 hours weekly- Variable Weekends ,holidays nights, as needed
Qualifications Minimum Education
High School Diploma or GED .
Minimum Work Experience
1 year At least 1 year of experience in a medical office setting. .
Basic computer skills. Excellent Customer Service Skills. Detail orientated. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
Digital Imaging Tracking
- Request patient folders from offsite storage vendor.
- Navigate through PACS to locate patient exams.
- Prepare CD’s/DVD’s and print images for conference lists as necessary.
Import Images into PACS
- Prepare research studies for clinicians as requested.
- Schedule examinations into the RIS in preparation to import images.
- Complete patient registration when necessary.
- Understand the process to accurately import and digitize images into PACS including checking Synapse to ensure image import is successful.
- Report imaging anomalies to IT team in a timely manner.
- Understand and trouble shoot CD burners and printing equipment.
- Prepare daily image requests from OR; contact OR for image pick up when complete and handle OR requests for add-ons.
- Work in conjunction with hospital legal staff to prepare all legal requests.
- Follow established guidelines for collection of fees associated with image requests.
- Respond to all faxes and phone calls.
Reading Room Assistance
- Provide imaging reports as requested
- Assist Radiologist in reading rooms, when necessary.
- Keep reading rooms clean and organized.
- Report any operational issues with reading stations to manager.
- Clean monitors and turn off any unused illumination lamps at reading stations.
- Provide patient services and administrative support in clinic operations; coordinate daily workflow to ensure all patients and customers are served in a timely and quality-oriented fashion.
- Review daily email for Department and Hospital operational updates; answer all telephone calls.
- Perform weekly inventory to ensure adequate supplies are available.
- Assist COR staff with covering reception areas as necessary.
- Ensure all annual training is complete prior to deadlines.
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Attend all mandatory in-service training events.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
Job: Allied Health
Organization: COE Hospital-Based Specliaties
Position Status: R (Regular) - PT - Part-Time
Work Schedule: Weekends ,holidays nights, as needed.
Job Posting: Feb 16, 2022, 8:21:15 PM