HSCPC OPED Therapist - (220000DU)
Provides pediatric patient care in the OPED/AT department including evaluating patients for Assistive Technology for communication, play, computer and environmental access to improve their independence and function.
Master's Degree Speech-Language Pathology from an American Speech- Language-Hearing Association accredited institution. (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
Current District of Columbia and/or Maryland licensure ST eligibility. Upon Hire (Required) Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association. Upon Hire (Required)
Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Upon Hire (Required)
RESNA, ATP Certification. (Preferred)
- Train patient and family to safely use, maintain, set up and breakdown each piece of equipment.
- Perform evaluations with a team of therapists to determine if assistive technology may improve function.
- Discusses evaluation results with patient/caregiver and appropriate healthcare team members and responds to questions appropriately.
- Identifies signs and symptoms that substantially impact treatments and outcomes and takes appropriate action.
- Refers patient to appropriate practitioner if the diagnosis is outside scope of expertise
- Investigates living environment for safety hazards and necessary modification by discussion with appropriate caregiver or patient.
- Completes patient charges accurately and timely.
- Follows established documentation policies and guidelines.
- Alert to payer limitations and makes appropriate adjustments to plan of care.
- Oversees students, clinical fellows and volunteers as assigned.
- Appropriately delegates assignments and provides appropriate supervision.
- Assists with orientation, training, and competency assessment activities of students, volunteers, support personnel and peers, as requested.
- Productivity at manager’s discretion, averaging 75% for OPED clinic therapists and 50% for Assistive Technology therapist
- Acts as a liaison with other departments within the organization. Is responsive to needs, follows up when appropriate, and updates and informs Supervisor as appropriate.
- Assists supervisor in the development and/or revision of policies and procedures, as requested.
- Be familiar with all policies and procedures of the Hospital and the Department of Rehabilitation Services.
- Ensures timely and cooperative inter- and intra-departmental relationships and communications throughout the hospital and the system and with individuals external to the hospital and system.
- Maintains skills, licensure, regulatory requirements and credentials needed to perform assigned duties.
- Other job duties: May perform other duties in addition to those outlined in this job description.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Demonstrates understanding of quality of service and collaborates with co-workers to ensure excellence standard is achieved
- Innovates through improvement of care and/or efficiency of operational processes.
- Dedicated to a standard of performance excellence and high quality
- Embraces changes/improvements and actively participates in the implementation of new/improved programs, technology, new equipment, systems and resources that promote quality of care, safety and efficiency
- Identifies, prioritizes and selects alternative solutions to determine best outcome
- Maintains a high level of activity/productivity, meeting deadlines and appropriately prioritizing tasks to meet business demands
- Anticipates problems and attempts to solve before they develop
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure
- Category I: Job usually involves contact with patients or patient specimens. Exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens, is possible.
Protected Health Information Access Level
- Level IV - Full Access Incumbents in this job may access any protected health information associated to a customer's needs, the service(s) rendered and the position's functions.
- This job operates in a hospital or office environment.
- Light Work: Lifting 25 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
- This is a full-time, regular position working standard and extended hours.
Primary Location: Maryland-Rockville
HSC Rockville Outpatient
14995 Shady Grove Road
Job: Allied Health
Organization: HSC Pediatric Center
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: 8 am - 6:30 4 days/week
Job Posting: Feb 16, 2022, 3:25:48 PM