Clinical Pharmacist II - (220000KA)
Description The clinical pharmacist II position works in a distributive role as well as a clinical, decentralized role. Responsibilities include medication order processing within established policies, procedures and guidelines and providing drug information while applying a thorough understanding and knowledge of drug and medical therapy. This position also has a large educational component responsible for providing education to providers, nursing, ancillary staff, and pharmacy residents, students, and team members.
Qualifications Minimum Education
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Completion of a four year pharmacy program in an accredited college of pharmacy. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year Pharmacy experience within Children’s National or completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency .
Required Licenses and Certifications
Pharmacist Eligible for DC licensure and licensed prior to start date Upon Hire .
Drug Intervention and Education
- Interpret medication orders, profile orders and oversee the packaging, labeling and distribution of medications
- Perform drug therapy monitoring and intervene as necessary on drug dosing, drug administration, drug interactions, side-effects and monitoring issues; complete therapeutic drug monitoring consults and adverse drug reaction reports as assigned. Document all interventions in intervention software and all notes in patient chart.
- Provide accurate and timely drug information to physicians, nurses and other health professionals.
- Provide education to all caregivers (physicians, nurses, ancillary staff, and pharmacy residents, students, and team members)
- Oversee the work of Pharmacy Technicians by directing and assisting as necessary to ensure rapid medication order turn-around time.
- Precept pharmacy residents and students
- Become a trainer in at least one area of the department for onboarding of new employees
- Participate in cost-savings initiatives within the department
- Work with medical unit to help devise protocols/guidelines/pathways to better facilitate safe, evidence-based patient care
- Contribute to the development of order sets by helping devise, implement, and test electronic order set builds
- Participate in research with medical unit and/or resident projects, as available
- Attend, present, and/or moderate at subject area conferences, as available
- Actively engage in preceptor development by attending seminars, teaching in the Children’s preceptor development series, and/or completing preceptor development CEs
- Cross-train in at least one satellite pharmacy area
- Fulfill assigned tasks for scheduled role each day and be present for entire shift
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Patient Services
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: VARIABLE
Job Posting: Apr 7, 2022, 2:50:44 PM