Lead Medical Technologist - (220000X9)
The Lead Medical Technologist will assist the manager to coordinate, plan and oversee the daily activities of the Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory. Ensure adequate staffing of all shifts in assigned areas. Oversee accurate and timely testing of specimens in assigned areas. Assist the manager to act as a liason between Laboratory Medicine and all hospital departments and/or staff that are performing lab procedures. Assist in completing all technical, regulatory and quality initiatives as assigned by the manager. Perform testing or work as assigned by the director, Sr. Lead Tech, or manager.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related field. Degree in Medical Technology or one of the clinical laboratory sciences.
Minimum Work Experience
At least 3-5 years of related and progressive experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
Basic calculations. Good interpersonal and communication skills important. Knowledge and skills related to LIS desirable.
Required Licenses and Certifications
ASCP certification or equivalent preferred. .
- Assist Director/Supervisor/Coordinator (D/S/C) to plan and implement the testing initiatives by directing the staff; assist to monitor regulatory compliance; prepare and update procedures for testing; inform the (D/S/C) of regulatory problems and issues on a routine basis.
- Assist to monitor the quality control, proficiency, training and competency assessment of persons performing testing.
- Document staff competency assessment; assist (D/S/C) in staff participation in proficiency testing.
- Review quality control on a daily basis or assign an alternative individual; maintain a log of remedial action for quality control failures; monitor compliance and correct deficiencies with the (D/S/C).
- Stay within budgeted amounts for expenses.
- Assist (D/S/C) in staff scheduling.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities available internally and/or externally; enable staff participation in continuing education opportunities.
- Annual unscheduled absence episodes ( less than 2 = 3 points, 3-5 = 2 points, Greater Than 6 = 1 point)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Patient Services
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri
Job Posting: Apr 6, 2022, 3:32:32 PM