Medical Technologist - (210003BD)
Performs Blood Bank, procedures in accordance with established procedures and policies. Records and reports results; operates and maintains equipment; monitors quality control standards; evaluates new instruments and tests. Performs clerical and service duties as required.
Qualifications Minimum Education
Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's in Medical Technology or equivalent related field of science (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year Experience in an accredited clinical laboratory (Required)
Math Ability Level: Statistics preferred.
Good interpersonal and communication skills important
Knowledge and skills related to LIS desirable.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registry or eligible as MT(ASCP) (Required)
- Perform routine technical procedures as assigned following standard operating procedures.
- Perform tests accurately in an organized and efficient manner .
- Keep up-to-date with procedure updates.
- Demonstrate competence in assigned areas.
- Serve as a technical resource for Medical Lab Technicians and Laboratory Associates.
- Report tests accurately in writing, orally and/or in the LIS; demonstrate knowledge of LIS.
- Follow established guidelines for reporting ST A T results and critical values, properly documenting calls.
- Credit tests appropriately using correct workload exclusion codes.
Equipment Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Review testing logs and complete tests within shift
- Perform equipment and instrument maintenance according to protocols.
- Follow recommended manufacturer's and/or department defined instrument performance checks and calibrations prior to testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic instrument malfunctions following written guidelines.
- Make adjustments or minor repairs with the aid of instrument manuals or technical service by telephone.
- Assist Medical Lab Technician in resolving problems.
- Monitor supply inventories in assigned areas to assure adequate availability; receive and stock supplies.
- Perform, evaluate and report QC protocol; identify and resolve QC failures; document resolutions.
- Assist ML T and LA with unresolved problems.
- Perform competency and proficiency challenges in a timely manner.
- Responsible for efficient and cost effective use of supplies and reagents.
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
Organizational AccountabilitiesStaff Training
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Assist in training of new employees.
- Serve as technical designee in competency testing of staff.
- Write and update procedures as assigned.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
Job: Allied Health
Organization: Patient Services
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: 7a-330p Weekend rotation
Job Posting: Apr 4, 2022, 8:48:54 AM